Uh Oh! Predator 212cc burning oil ?

I checked my oil about 3 rides ago. At that time it was at a correct amount as indicated by being about halfway up on the dipstick.

Before riding today however, I noticed that the oil level had decreased by about 1/8 " to 3/16" of an inch on the dipstick...

This is still the original oil I put into it a few weeks ago. I am gonna prob do 1 more ride before reaching the 20hr end of the break in period and then do an oil change.

Could it be burning oil if I was too rough on it within the first 3 hrs of use? I made sure to vary my speeds and not to have too long stretches of full throttle... The course where I ride has 2 decent sized hills in terms of height change and grade and I probably went over each of them many times within the 3 hrs.

Other than noticing this today, I haven't noticed anything else "abnormal" about the engine.

I always change the oil after about the first hour of use. There is a lot of metal shavings floating around in a fresh engine.

Change the oil and keep an eye on it.

It the spark plug black? Blue smoke? Oil in the airbox?

I always change the oil after about the first hour of use. There is a lot of metal shavings floating around in a fresh engine.

Change the oil and keep an eye on it.

It the spark plug black? Negative Blue smoke? Negative Oil in the airbox? Negative
I checked those 3 things before riding and they all were negative for any signs of oil. There wasn't any oily residue at the muffler exit either. The plug was a dry light brown color.

Guess what though? When I checked the oil before riding, the level was where it was at a few rides previous!: halfway up on the dipstick! I guess that time I checked it and it measured low, i must not have had the bike totally level. I changed the oil as well. Good news I guess.