uses for 97cc engine

Hello out there I have a question just about everybody yanks out the wimpy 97cc out of there Doodlebug for the 6.5 what do you do with them?? I have a few sitting on my shelf and hate to trash them

Some folks buy em, not sure why but they do. The tanks make great remote tanks and there is a throttle part I rob off em. I have tried to sell parts with some success. I considered using the rest for a boat anchor but they're simply too light.:laugh:

Ditto. I have one, a used one, that needs a new home. I never started it. I tried, but the gas was nasty inside the tank. It's free plus shipping. :smile:

believe it or not, we've seen em go on ebay for over 100 dollars. I sold one on craigslist for 100 bucks a few months ago and just a few days ago sold one for 75. Just have to target the right crowd.

Neck

Growing up is optional
They would be a great replacement engine for the Tech 3.5 you just pulled off your edger to put on your other Mini!

Hello out there I have a question just about everybody yanks out the wimpy 97cc out of there Doodlebug for the 6.5 what do you do with them?? I have a few sitting on my shelf and hate to trash them
I have seen them used at the drag strip as battery chargers,you can build a simple frame add a pulley and belt and a single wire alternator and presto instant battery charger,guys at the track use them to charge batteries when they dont run alternators on there cars or to keep there battery charged when they run there cooling fans and electric waters pumps between rounds.:scooter:

How much to ship them to 48328 ??? for real I might want them.
Maybe use 6 of them on one mini bike.

I think I'll try writing a book called "the little engine that could".
It will be a "feel-good" book and hopefuly I can get it made into an afterschool special.
Or maybe a book on anti-bullying which seems to be a hot topic right now.
"momma, why do all the bigger engines pick on baby-baja? he never spit oil on no one"

I should start collecting those "not good enough to be a paperweight" paperweights.

I have seen them used at the drag strip as battery chargers,you can build a simple frame add a pulley and belt and a single wire alternator and presto instant battery charger,guys at the track use them to charge batteries when they dont run alternators on there cars or to keep there battery charged when they run there cooling fans and electric waters pumps between rounds.:scooter:
Good idea

How much to ship them to 48328 ??? for real I might want them.
Maybe use 6 of them on one mini bike.

I think I'll try writing a book called "the little engine that could".
It will be a "feel-good" book and hopefuly I can get it made into an afterschool special.
Or maybe a book on anti-bullying which seems to be a hot topic right now.
"momma, why do all the bigger engines pick on baby-baja? he never spit oil on no one"

I should start collecting those "not good enough to be a paperweight" paperweights.
If still interested in some let me know...

old-timer

Scamming Member
I could use one if anyone would care to donate one :shrug:

I have one that a member gave me a while back, but it's pretty tired and I'll save it for parts.

Vic