Uship, are they serious?!?!?

joekd

I posted an ad on Uship for a bare frame from CT to MI, Greyhound is under $50, Fedex and UPS are around $80

I got back 3 bids on uship
-$400
-$428
and
-$236

Not only are those quotes ridiculous but the first bid didn't even come back for 6 days!

Suddenly I realize why I dont hear about more people using Uship

I've used U-Ship several times on "special" bikes and have had good luck with them. The first bids that come back are "Robo-Bids", they are high as heck on the off chance you will jump on one. If you are patient, the real bids will come around and trickle through. None of them will be as attractive to Greyhound. For a $50 frame, I would probably just take my chances with standard shipping. But if it is a prized, rare, "Belchfire 500", Id use them in a heartbeat.:thumbsup:

joekd

It's already been over a week and these are the only bids

Buyer agreed to greyhound already so guess Uship missed on this one

Wouldn't be the first choice for something like a minibike, but then again you wouldn't expect to send a Harley through UPS either.

Try this guy: Mike 928 208-7793

I found him through U ship when I got my '64 GTO hood shipped from FL and kept his number.

He mostly hauls motorcycles, but if he's going to be in your area and the area of the minibike, he may be able to make it work for you on a complete bike. If it's something that can be taken apart, then obviously UPS or greyhound is the way to go with greyhound being the lowest.

It's already been over a week and these are the only bids

Buyer agreed to greyhound already so guess Uship missed on this one
Im in the trucking business, and PLEASE no offence is intended but im amazed you even got a response for shipping a mini bike frame on there. My drivers are paid .38 a mile and a $50 stop fee my insurance premium is 60K yes 60,000 also I pay road tax in every state and fuel is over $3.75 a gal on the average on the east coast, mini bike shipping really is not in the books. But I do not use Uship we are a trucking co and I have rates set no bidding here.