Vintage 1960's Lauson 3-1/2 HP Engine Early Tecumseh Rupp Dart Cycle

Here's a real nice vintage Lauson / Tecumseh I was saving this for my Dart Cyle restoraion until I re-located the original engine that was born in the bike.

You can still see the shadow of the old Lauson decal:

This is a 3-1/2 HP engine. It turns over nice, feels like it has good compression and I'm pretty sure it has good spark because it zapped me pulling it over :doah: 3/4" inch crank.

Super clean,this is a complete engine carb and all. Very hard to find these early engines with the offset spark plug...and you rarely find them in this kind of condition. Even has the desirable early steel gas tank with vertical seam and the "daisy" pattern recoil. (I was going to steal the recoil but will leave it with the engine if someone buys it since it's all nice original paint).

Inside of tank is very clean, no varnish at all. Just for a few rust streaks that will clean right out with some Evaporust.

That's about it...I wouldn't have hung onto it this long if i didn't think it was really nice.

If you've got a 3-1/2 HP Dart Cycle or other early machine...here's your chance!

Asking $175 plus actual shipping cost.

Engine

I want to buy your Lawson engine. I'm new to this site and don't know how to proceed. Can you sent me a private message and let me know how I get you paid and the engine shipped. I love in SC. My name is Tim. It is going into a Dart Cycle.