Vintage Class - 1966 Lil Indian

buckeye

Awesome!!!!!
Just as simple as it should be.
Imagine the kid that has been waiting months for this to roll up at his house. And he can work on it.
Great example of days gone by. Kudos!:thumbsup:

I've got a video on my camera of it running today, but damned if I can get it off. I'll ask a kid at work for help with it tomorrow. The tiny 2.25 sucks off the line and my big butt has to scoot it a little to get going. Once rolling, you get all two horses and a pony and start moving at the speed of a racing mobility scooter...:biggrin:. It's actually a hoot to ride. Quicker than my daughter's 2.5HP Cat 250KC.

In the end I was shooting for originality over speed anyway. I reused all the original Rockford bolts on the fenders and wheels. I need to re-chrome the original clutch guard, but the re-pop looks good for now. I need to finish re-building the kickstand and bolt it on there, but otherwise, she's a sweet ride.

Last edited:
I've got a video on my camera of it running today, but damned if I can get it off. I'll ask a kid at work for help with it tomorrow. The tiny 2.25 sucks off the line and my big butt has to scoot it a little to get going. Once rolling, you get all two horses and a pony and start moving at the speed of a racing mobility scooter...:biggrin:. It's actually a hoot to ride. Quicker than my daughter's 2.5HP Cat 250KC.

In the end I was shooting for originality over speed anyway. I reused all the original Rockford bolts on the fenders and wheels. I need to re-chrome the original clutch guard, but the re-pop looks good for now. I need to finish re-building the kickstand and bolt it on there, but otherwise, she's a sweet ride.

Awesome bike! Lil Indians are my fav. Want me to whip up one of my clutch covers?
I used jack shaft on one of my little 2hp units to get the gearing so its rideable. Now it only goes 10MPH but will pull a wheelie if your not paying attention when you crack it!

Last edited:
Awesome bike! Lil Indians are my fav. Want me to whip up one of my clutch covers?
I used jack shaft on one of my little 2hp units to get the gearing so its rideable. Now it only goes 10MPH but will pull a wheelie if your not paying attention when you crack it!
Thanks! The 66 bikes had just the basic chain guard, so no need. I OK with it being slow. Being pretty is its primary job anyway.