Vintage Open - mrpat's TT500 - 2up Rupp

Nice, can you attest to the chrome quality on some of the OldMiniBikes fenders? Looks pretty decent!
I wasn't expecting much, but for the price they are well worth the money. I bought the fenders for the 8-10" wheels and it's gonna be a good fit for the 5.30/4.50-6 tires.
The chrome isn't "show quality", but pretty decent.

Last edited:
Put the 'ol girl on the rack today. Didn't cut her up just yet. I'm getting sweaty palms just thinking about it. If the weather stays nice tomorrow, I might make some cuts.

I need some 1 x 1 angle to clamp down to some tubes on my rack to keep the frame lined up when putting it back to together. I don't have any on hand, so I will be rummaging in the scrap bins at work come Monday.

Hi mrpat. Do you ever use any local chrome platers? I'm right next door to Roseville at 13 mile and Schonherr. I want to chrome plate the wheele's on my mini This is my first time customizing - refinishing anything.

I was finally able to get out to the garage and do a little something. I cut some tubes that will be used on the inside of the frame tubes and I removed the engine plate. That plate had a lot of cutting done to it, so I'm just gonna "Repop Willie" a new one.

I found that the frame was originally a gold color after removing the engine plate.

Next up, cutting the frame.

I was finally able to get out to the garage and do a little something. I cut some tubes that will be used on the inside of the frame tubes and I removed the engine plate. That plate had a lot of cutting done to it, so I'm just gonna "Repop Willie" a new one.

I found that the frame was originally a gold color after removing the engine plate.

Next up, cutting the frame.
Lmao repop willie a new one. I just laughed way too hard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you finally worked up the courage to cut the thing up lol. I was starting to think you were stalling
I was more the weather. Been real cold and the garage furnace took a crap.

Lmao repop willie a new one. I just laughed way too hard

I thought you would like that one...HAHA

..............................:eek::eek::eek::eek:

You got this Pat ! :thumbsup:
Now I need 4 tubes cut at a foot long. This is getting fun now. Crossing my fingers she turns out like I think it will.:shrug:

Last edited: