welding on doodle frames

Does anyone else have such beautiful welds on the lower part of their frames like I do. Both sides of the bottom part of the frame have these crap ass welds. It is like this on both of the doodle bugs that I have.

thats better than mine, my frame was 1/4 or 1/2 of an inch too short so the just filled it with a big fat weld, ive had no problems with it but i do worry about coming down form a wheelie and breaking the frame.

wleding

Yeah, I could just imagine hitting a pot hole real hard and the frame just coming apart and then going ass over apple carts on the concrete. I hope the chineese are good welders. Maybe I just need to find few old American built frames and start all over again. This kind of thing is really bothering me lately. Just a flood of inexpensive cheaply built foreign junk.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the frame welded in that area was, maybe they welded the frame with a smaller diameter steel tube inside for re-enforcement.

I guess if no one breaks the welds, they must be good.

Last edited:
Mine are clean welds but they are there on both my DBs. The welds all over are pretty poor, one has wire still connected! But for an inexpensive chinese product they hold up well, I love both mine for the fact I can modify them guilt free!:thumbsup: