What did I just pull out of the shed?

Alright guys, just like the title says. My brother bought this frame and wheels from my uncle about 10 years ago and I just pulled it out of the shed this week. Thought I saw a similar post saying it was a Hap Jones, but I'm looking for more info and original engine.

VictorFrame.jpg

VictorBars.jpg

VictorWheels.jpg

VictorDrum.jpg

Thanks!

markus

Alright guys, just like the title says. My brother bought this frame and wheels from my uncle about 10 years ago and I just pulled it out of the shed this week. Thought I saw a similar post saying it was a Hap Jones, but I'm looking for more info and original engine.

View attachment 73965

View attachment 73967

View attachment 73966

View attachment 73968

Thanks!
your are correct that it is a Hap Jones. the victor name was used on on a lot of the import parts, I dunno if that was the company name used in Taiwan or what, a few other companies also used the victor parts.

They were sold as both a kit bike (less engine) and complete, Tecumseh HS40 is what they used to power them.

markus

janHo industries also had that version, most likely the same importer for Hap Jones, This one is shown with a briggs on it...

Definitely a Jan/Ho Industries Zebra Trail. The angle of the top bar is a giveaway. The Hap Jones model has a taller frame with a top bar parallel to the bottom of the frame.

Would this be worth anything to anyone? OR would it be okay to modify (cut/weld) the frame and fit it with a Lifan 125cc 4 speed manual engine?

Neck

Growing up is optional
I'm sure it would be worth something to somebody, but it's your's to do with what you please. No Minibike Nazi's will come to take you away if you modify it to make yourself happy, in fact, GO FOR IT! But please post pic's for us all to see.

It looks pretty cool with that BS flathead in it. Check out that exhaust on the Zebra Trail version.

It'd be a neat bike with the 125cc shifter motor too.

The Nazi's tend to hang out with the Powell and Bonanza bunch. :laugh:

Given the scarcity and prices of parts to make it whole again I'd say have your way with modifying it and have fun doing it. I've highly modified a compete Arco but it sat in the mud and snow rusting the lower frame so badly I could justify cutting and changing it. It's one of my greatest builds but it's my Son's bike and the only one we built together so it lives here forever and will never be or sale. Every person that has come to buy one of the numerous minis I've sold has tried to buy it. Go nuts if you want, there are no rules or limits to what you can do.
Would this be worth anything to anyone? OR would it be okay to modify (cut/weld) the frame and fit it with a Lifan 125cc 4 speed manual engine?