What is the perfect Winber ride?

I had fun on the heald VT-2,it whipped around the corners pretty good,the VT-5 was a little bit harder to bank in the corners until the throttle cable broke at the top.

I didn't take a suspension bike last year, and I was sorry:scared: By the time I rode to where the main trail started, my:asshole: was killing me. Not to mention my teeth was loose:laugh::laugh: It is very bumpy. There are tons of goofer holes. Lights would also be cool. You could ride until 10:00pm ( I think that was the time). It was cool to look up on the hill in the dark and see all of the head lights.:thumbsup:

I didn't take a suspension bike last year, and I was sorry:scared: By the time I rode to where the main trail started, my:asshole: was killing me. Not to mention my teeth was loose:laugh::laugh: It is very bumpy. There are tons of goofer holes. Lights would also be cool. You could ride until 10:00pm ( I think that was the time). It was cool to look up on the hill in the dark and see all of the head lights.:thumbsup:
I was so exhausted from riding all day I had my routine down. Wake up.... RIDE ALL DAY.... when it got dark.....EAT....shower... right to bed to do it again...... :thumbsup: Maybe I will stay awake long enough to ride at night this year...

MB165

Definitely come no matter what you ride. Even if you don' t have one... There are plenty to borrow... Jakes kid was riding mine half the weekend until I gave him the cushions...lol

Oh yeah I may have to bring my crusty TT-500 if I can toss on enough clone parts to make Buckeye weep to get it running...
thats the best answer, just get there.

the parade is road, ride anything....the event property is on a slope and its rough. Full suspension, and a TAV or jackshaft setup is a huge plus.

O.k. As of right now it looks like. The mini Baja,at least one Super Bronc,the Tote Gote,I would like to bring the Alsport which is super comfortable like last year. But the MOntgomery Ward T-555 is a little better for racing. I Don't know if I am going to get any of the other Beaters running. I might just bring them to get rid of there. Plus whatever I pick up and can cram in between now and then. Who else from the northeast is going and what are you bringing?

Last edited:
It was my first time there last year and smallbikes told me to build a suspension bike before going because it was rough terrain so I built a Trailhorse with rear swingarm and boy I was glad. This year I'm going to change out the forks I cracked last year with Trailhorse ones with the shocks on the outsides and repower the bike with a lighted clone. And be there all weekend so i don't miss out on anything.

nice bike. I'm planning on going if I get my ARCO EZ-Rider I done. I used to ride this bike everywhere when I was a kid, but my guess is that I will be limited to where I can take it now as I'm older and a little bit wiser. IMG_5002.JPG

Gatecrasher

Sophisticated and super-quick with a full suspension, 3-speed transmission and lights yet still meets the 8" or smaller wheel criteria that separates true minibikes from mini-cycles and larger bikes. Just as home off-road as on the road. Enough power to take just about any hill and small enough to fold the handlebars down and throw in the trunk of a car.

opdcae.jpg

1972 Kawasaki MT1A & 1976 Kawasaki KV75-A5

Last edited:
Sophisticated and super-quick with a full suspension, 3-speed transmission and lights yet still meets the 8" or smaller wheel criteria that separates true minibikes from mini-cycles and larger bikes. Just as home off-road as on the road. Enough power to take just about any hill and small enough to fold the handlebars down and throw in the trunk of a car.

View attachment 67925
1972 Kawasaki MT1A & 1976 Kawasaki KV75-A5
I thought it was 6" not 8"

Gatecrasher

I thought it was 6" not 8"
Not really from the definition we had in the 60s and 70s. The Z50 Honda Minitrails were generally considered minibikes rather than a minicycle too as were the Kawasaki Coyotes and Suzuki Trailhoppers.

The Yamaha JT1 Mini Enduros and the rest of the bikes with spoked wheels larger than 8" were always considered minicycles though.

The minibikes with non-spoked 8" wheels are borderline though and have been classified both ways but 8" is generally seen as the absolute maximium size a minibike can have. Bikes with larger wheels are more clear-cut as minicycles.

Last edited:

delray

great thread to bring back rob.......:thumbsup:
i am bring back to ride the trails is my thunder bolt. hopefully the weather is good this year, last year was a wash.....:doah: still had fun chasing the three wheelers...........:scooter:
year before was a lot of fun too when patrick came with is custom built black widow. man that little 5hp pulled hard up the trails and randy's 5hp too on is rupp was fast.