What is the perfect Winber ride?

I have to say. My Alsport TS trike was very comfortable to ride around Winber last year. You do not have to worry about a kickstand digging in and it falling over. And you have a comfy seat wherever you go if you just pull up and chat with the neighbors. It was not as fun to drive through the trails as my Mini- Baja was but it was still fun. It was also great on the parade. I can say that it seems like everyone without some sort of suspension were a bit dissapointed they did not have either BIG ballon tires or shocks. What did everyone else bring and is there anything you would change about your rides for this coming year? For the newbies. PAY attention.... Those grass fields are awesome to ride on. But after a few days you will want a softer ride if you dont have suspension.

Well this coming year will be my first time there . And considering I have only two rides a Powell and a Super Bronc they both will be there , and i think they should work well . I probably will be stuck with the Bronc cause the wife will be on the Powell .

Well I don't know if MINIBIKE PAUL will be there again this year with his Powell but he was cruising up and down the trails with it nicely. And Peekster was zooming around with his Super Bronc. I know there will be a few of those there this year.:scooter::thumbsup:

Well I don't know if MINIBIKE PAUL will be there again this year with his Powell but he was cruising up and down the trails with it nicely. And Peekster was zooming around with his Super Bronc. I know there will be a few of those there this year.:scooter::thumbsup:
My brother talks with MINIBIKE PAUL almost every day , he's working on him hard to get him there . so maybe we will see him there .

:laugh: My kid tore that place up on that bike last june....... and now it has a Briggs Raptor3 with a velocity stack and kart header. :devil2: It's relatively awesome. :thumbsup:

The best bike for Windber ? Well last year I had a couple of unsuspended DB's and the twin engine drag bike and none of them were great for trails lol
But it is so great just being there that I didn't care what I was riding lol
That being said I will have something with suspension or the BigCat for next year.

Hey Gumpit,

Great idea for a thread.

I agree suspension would be ideal, but folks, if your mini is a rigid frame don't let that stop you from coming to Windber !

I rode around the Mihalko's farm in Windber on my two rigid frame minis (Sensation Mike Bike and Bird War Eagle) this past year, and can tell you, it was just as much fun as ripping around my grandfathers 48 acres in 1970 when i was 13 years old on my rigid frame Mike Bike.

At Windber my jaws were more apt to be aching, from grinning :laugh: .

Bring what you got, and ride'em ! (and if you got more than one bring as many as you can, it's nice to have backup in case one of them breaks.)

I guess though my dream bike would have suspension front and back for the bumps, plenty of horsepower and a jackshaft 2 speed or tav for the hills, headlights and taillights for after dark, and a straightpipe of sorts for cool sound ! Like a fully dressed Rupp TT500, or a big ole' Sand N Snow fat tire mini bike, oh shucks, I could go on and on, they are all good :thumbsup: .

I look forward to seeing you all there !

RobertC

Last edited:
Definitely come no matter what you ride. Even if you don' t have one... There are plenty to borrow... Jakes kid was riding mine half the weekend until I gave him the cushions...lol

Oh yeah I may have to bring my crusty TT-500 if I can toss on enough clone parts to make Buckeye weep to get it running...

buckeye

I'll need suspension. Old man back.
I think one of those vt bikes that one of my good friends from Wi or Mn will bring me.:thumbsup:

delray

for the guys that are bring hardtails to ride on the trails at windber....goodluck....:thumbsup:
last year i only brought my project build bike that i finish a day before going. with only about 10 mins of ride time. i thinks the bike really got broke in when i fired it up saturday morning for only second time to ride it all the way into town and back. not knowing if it was going to come on glued or not.......:laugh: also i did bring my D30 bike for the kids to ride it and me too.....:rolleyes: it was fun racing the small hp bikes around the oval track we had.

i did use my cousin cheetah for the trails up on top of the hill,but that bike was little big in the corners........:scooter: next year i will have the perfect bike for the trails up on top of the hill......:scooter:

MiniBike Paul

CORRECT ANSWER "The Powellimo" - excellant suspension front and rear, electric start, Torq a verter low gear to high gear, disc brake, packs double, storage box.

I don't own one, but I would say any of the more powerful Artic Cats would be the ultimate. I think it was Jeff Mihalko's first bike...and now he owns a bunch of them...and he lives there so he must know something.....:wink:

Bigger tires....full suspension..plenty of power to pull the hills, yet small and nimble enough to wiggle through the tightest trails....and cruise the parade when you're finished.:scooter: