What size is Powell Chain?

Scottessey

Hey Fellas. I went to put the chain on my Powell today and I bought the wrong size from OldMiniBikes a while back. :facepalm: I had only used #35 before and the Powell chain was bigger, so I told myself, "naturally it must be 41". Nope, I'm still learnin'. So Powell bros, what size chain do I need to find for my D-series? ...and where do you purchase it? Thanks.

Scottessey

Thanks sgv and HP! The links on my old one and the ones on the new one are both a 1/2" apart. The inside width on the Powell one is wider. And... the Powell one just looks a lot bigger. :shrug:

Last edited:

george3

Like SGV said #40 only the rear sprocket is too fat for #41 or 420. 41 skinny 420 a bit wider but much more stronger than any of the three, but wont fit a good cond. powell sprocket. so your only choise is #40 its wider than all of the listed but unfourtainly not as good quality as the 420. So #40 it is. LOL

Scottessey

Like SGV said #40 only the rear sprocket is too fat for #41 or 420. 41 skinny 420 a bit wider but much more stronger than any of the three, but wont fit a good cond. powell sprocket. so your only choise is #40 its wider than all of the listed but unfourtainly not as good quality as the 420. So #40 it is. LOL
40 it is! That's great knowledge. Thank you, George! :thumbsup: