what u guys think!.... 100 firm!.

mike04

you should tell me..

can my mini go fast with shafth plus belt chain or shuld i make it straigh chain...or it will go fast with the factory chain plus the belt..???:thumbsup:
You should have capitalized Jesus. Goes to show that everyone makes mistakes and everyone is at a different level when it come to writing and spelling, and a lot of other things. Simularlly, we are all a bit different in our judgement of what is helpful and what is simply mean spiritedness.

Mike, Myself, I never liked a belt drive on a mini, reason being, the belt usually gets some kind of contamination on it, mostly OIL, then it slips, then it's over, got to get a new belt.
I suggest that you get rid of the belt, and go with chains, you can work out speed/power in the size of your sprockets, or get a 2 speed jackshaft.
dave

I have to disagree with you there Dave only due to the experiences I have had. I have run a TAV2 for years on a mini and never performed any maintainance or cleaning on the setup. The bike was ridden a lot and I have yet to change a belt. The thing still throws me on my butt if I am not careful. Perhaps I just got lucky though, I do not doubt that you may have experienced problems.

mike04

yes people told me same....thx man

well some say belt is good some say is not this clutch i got is difrent it got 2 weights shuld i stay with this clutch..so with belt and the big sprocket i will only have torque?cause i whant top end also can i get both with this setup u se on the pic with a 5.0 tecumseh?
Mike, Myself, I never liked a belt drive on a mini, reason being, the belt usually gets some kind of contamination on it, mostly OIL, then it slips, then it's over, got to get a new belt.
I suggest that you get rid of the belt, and go with chains, you can work out speed/power in the size of your sprockets, or get a 2 speed jackshaft.
dave

Last edited:

mike04

ok so i culd go fast on top speed??

with this sprocket in the chain and belt..some people sayd i will have torque they said belt will throw u down to the seat??
I have to disagree with you there Dave only due to the experiences I have had. I have run a TAV2 for years on a mini and never performed any maintainance or cleaning on the setup. The bike was ridden a lot and I have yet to change a belt. The thing still throws me on my butt if I am not careful. Perhaps I just got lucky though, I do not doubt that you may have experienced problems.

mike04

ohhh!!

whas the original color of my mini speedway u know..I think is a 71s cause u said 70 under din't came with brakes this o?? color please..ne have drums..is blue now i also se red under the frame...?? u kNOW

Mike04, you posted 6 times in a tow on page 3. Has to be a record. I'm just jealous because none of my posts ever go to 5 pages.