what's this engine?

delray

does it run SimpleTom? i like to here it run:thumbsup: maybe video or you can just drop it off at my house..ha..ha....:rolleyes:(madison area)

delray

other then the carb turn the other direction. it almost looks like a real old outboard motor? with the large recoil cover design and all:shrug:maybe.....maybe not? if it is? definitely something you would find in wisconsin with all the outboard motor campanys that use to be here years ago.

Well, guys after looking it up online I believe it to be a Power Products AH58. The bike it was on is an Arctic Cat Climber. I have pictures of it posted in the general area. Thanks for the help!

other then the carb turn the other direction. it almost looks like a real old outboard motor? with the large recoil cover design and all:shrug:maybe.....maybe not? if it is? definitely something you would find in wisconsin with all the outboard motor campanys that use to be here years ago.

That very well could be.. Power Products made engines that were used on various applications.. I just sold a Clinton 2 stroke boat motor that was the exact same motor as the minibike motors except the gas tank positin and huge out-drive on it.. :lol: I also know where there is a Stomper that has a NICE little West Bend 580 on it. :shifty:

does it run SimpleTom? i like to here it run:thumbsup: maybe video or you can just drop it off at my house..ha..ha....:rolleyes:(madison area)
Well I tried to see if it ran today and wouldn't you know it it does. It feels like it has real good compression and it fired right up with a little squirt of carb cleaner. I only let it burn off the spray but it sounded very healthy. I'm sure it needs carb work. I may hang onto it for awhile unless someone has some interesting stuff for trade. Right now I need a good running HS40 with lighting coil.

mybiz

Hs40

Well I tried to see if it ran today and wouldn't you know it it does. It feels like it has real good compression and it fired right up with a little squirt of carb cleaner. I only let it burn off the spray but it sounded very healthy. I'm sure it needs carb work. I may hang onto it for awhile unless someone has some interesting stuff for trade. Right now I need a good running HS40 with lighting coil.
Wow hs40 did you see what this one slod for.. and no lightig coil:doah: New In Box VINTAGE TECUMSEH HS40 Minibike-Go Cart Motor - eBay (item 150436221236 end time Apr-26-10 18:47:48 PDT)

This guy sold 3 of them all NOS. I thought about listing on of mine after seeing what they sold for. :thumbsup: