Wheelie Horse Tractor Jeep2003 2018 BBO MT2W

This is my 2018 build off tractor. I will be using the wheel horse body and an 18hp kawasaki vertical shaft engine converted to horizontal. The chassis will be 1x2 tubing. full suspension the back will have a swing arm combined with jackshaft. Im going to use a belt drive centrifical clutch to the jackshaft and chain back to the 3/4" straight axle. If that doesnt work i will put a sprocket on the belt clutch and use it that way. Im also going to leave room for a 40 series torque converter if i should decide to go with one but there will likely be tire interference. the steering wheel will be hood mounted so i have to keep the engine far back. The front end will be like a hot rod with leaf spring suspension. The fuel tank will either be at the front like a gasser or just under the hood at the back. I got the frame started today and the jackshaft drilled in. I will probably have to make some wheelie bars for this thing but I will be using it mainly offroad thus the suspension.

Attachments

Thanks guys It should be fun to blast around on. I got quite a bit done on the rear end. The back wheel hubs are notched instead of using keyways so i grinded down the asle to accept that. Also bought a 3/16" broach so i can cut a keyway in the hub im going to use. Iv got a big ol 72t #40 sprocket from owend its going to work well. Also got the swingarm and shocks and brake in place. I still need to cut the keyways make the spacers and such but now i can move on im going to mount the fenders and seat so i can make the mounts for the hood and get that in place because it needs to be finalized before i can figure out where to cut the frame off in the front and build the front end. Pics soon

Jeep2003 has skills that are just unbelievable!!! Should be working for NASA... he could probably build something in his garage that would make it to Mars. His projects are so cool!

Thanks guys! Im making real good progress on the front end. Got the axles threaded today and the shackle mounts and shackles made. I guess ill have to make a panhard bar aswell which i was hopeing to avoid then ill use two tie rods to the center when i get the steering shaft in place. And still have to make the mount for the leaf spring. Its stiffer than I want it because the spring is so short but we'll see when i get the mount made and some weight on it. I can also grind down the bottom of the spring to make it softer. Also made a tensioner for the chain because the rear end is not adjustable.

Attachments

How do you come up with your ideas Bryan! I guess I need to come back down to your house and bring some of your bikes... you are going to need the room:laugh:

Thanks guys! Im making real good progress on the front end. Got the axles threaded today and the shackle mounts and shackles made. I guess ill have to make a panhard bar aswell which i was hopeing to avoid then ill use two tie rods to the center when i get the steering shaft in place. And still have to make the mount for the leaf spring. Its stiffer than I want it because the spring is so short but we'll see when i get the mount made and some weight on it. I can also grind down the bottom of the spring to make it softer. Also made a tensioner for the chain because the rear end is not adjustable.
Bryan, use a nylon block on each side of the frame rail to space out the radius rods. You might have to go above or below the rail to allow for the total travel. Would be a lot easier than a panhard bar.

Doug