where can i get a manual trans???

I am also interested in small gearboxes.

I haven't found any yet, but I plan to start looking at what riding lawn mowers have.

Most lawn mower type transmissions are not designed to be shifted on the go ,, I am sure if it can be done someone will figure it out :thumbsup:

Well the best transmission for a mini bike would be off a Rokon Trial Breaker the Albion 3 speed range selector can be shifted on the fly and hooked together with a comet torque converter make a great pair. But I would think there are better frames to fit this into. Bigger wheels and more room.
Steve :scooter:

Strigoi

In the picture of your friends minibike..... is that the gas tank strapped on to the frame with nylon webbing over the header / exhaust pipe? Is heat a problem?

Last edited:
Strigoi

In the picture of your friends minibike..... is that the gas tank strapped on to the frame with nylon webbing over the header / exhaust pipe? Is heat a problem?
yeah, he's got it on there with a Harley tie down strap. :laugh:

heat hasn't been an issue yet. the ratchet part is also on the bottom, so that helps some.

man what is that engine a lifan, I had one in a mini chopper 110cc and it hit 40+ and it was a heavy electric start mini motorcycle I bet that things quick in that db frame.

its possible but expensive to still keep a industrial engine i;d be happy with just a manual clutch! and dont those lifans have them wierd clutchless trannys like the old trail 50s, I think what you want is a trail 50!

the one my friend put in his DB has a clutch. he's also got some Honda quad (90cc one) that has a clutchless 4 speed in it. i think it's almost more fun to ride than the mini bikes even through it's damn slow.