Where to find fork boots / gaiters ... small size ...

I can find them till the cows come home in larger sizes ....

I want them for my Hilltopper ...

25mm / 1" I.D. on one end
20mm / .800" on the other end
80mm / 3" long (or a bit longer ...
Black preferred ....

Who might have them?

Thanks
Kevin

Hi Doc ..

I found an old OMD post from Leather Nun saying the same thing ... the only dimension that's a bit squirrely is the large end at .400 bigger than the fork tube. I may be able to fill the .200 gap with something ... thick rubber ... IDK ... I will poke around at work ...

I bought China Z50 fork boots also for my heald. The china ones were said from member to fit/last better? I got them and look just fine. I paid $9 for set of two . Now just need six more pairs. Not exact fitment.

To get you by untit you find the one's you want, a section of bicycle tire tude and 2 zip ties works well. Cut it a litte longer then you need, slide it on the shock and then "scrunch it" to give that ribbed look.

Check out therubberstore.com, sorry I don't know how to link it to here. They have lots of different size rubber bellows for equipment.

Edit: just rubberstore.com, no "the".

2nd Edit: Wow I guess it's linked automatically. Very interesting!!!

Last edited:

markus

To get you by untit you find the one's you want, a section of bicycle tire tude and 2 zip ties works well. Cut it a litte longer then you need, slide it on the shock and then "scrunch it" to give that ribbed look.

Thats a great idea for a rider thats going to be in wet/dirty conditions :thumbsup:

I came up with this for my general Appliance bike, I will be converting it over to the External Sebac shock suspension like foiund on the higher end versions so I didnt want the gaiters on there taking up space, plus I didn't want to spend the money on them as I am trying to build this bike for under $700 and I am already almost at $400 just as a roller and some other collected parts :laugh:

Here's the writeup I did on them, be nice to find maybe a square cut o-ring or even maybe mod a crankshaft type seal or something inside as it would wipe and seal really well that way http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-discussion/96118-ghetto-fabulous-fork-seals.html

buckeye

I also have seen some folks use the expandable wire covers like in car door jams. I am not too hot on explain but, you know,the boots over the wiring between the door and the body. Those.