Which would you RACE SFV Style ?

tomsprops

I'm begining to build my next Race Bike for the SFVISBF Race series this beginning this March. I found a Really Nice Bonanza 1410 that I had intended to run,After I put it together I began to think it might be to nice to risk damaging in a race.Besides it also only has a rear drum brake.
I also had a Rupp packed away in my shed that I was going to do something with ? It has front and rear drum brakes which is great for racing.I have a Briggs World Formula being rebuilt for which ever bike we choose .What would you Run ?

I don't know what SFV style is, but I assume it's not drag style racing. So if your talking dirt track, that Rupp has considerable more suspension travel.

Gearing

If the SFV race is paved road course, and you're using the same engine in either, pick the one that will have the best gearing in conjunction with the rear wheel diameter, sprocket size etc. Front brake might also let you come into turns hotter and with better gearing, both should make the difference. Envy you're problem choosing!

tomsprops

SFV style races will have 10 different style of raceing this year . Last year we had a ;
Parking structure race
Dirt track oval
Drag race
Figure 8
Moto GP
Moto Cross
Hill Clmb
Poker run
ECT...
So the mini has to be well rounded ! :thumbsup:

well rounded

Well, tI guess my mini chopper is out based on braking and turning radius. Taco ST 100 might be OK with some serious HP. Since the Rupp's are so common and have the brakes and ability to take a bigger motor, that's probably the one. No style points?

tomsprops

That Bonanza is awsome ! That's the problem I'm afraid I'll F :censure: it up !
It's a really nice bike as it is. I would hate to mess up the fenders or the Tank.They're valuable parts on their own . It seems like I'm gonna go with the RUPP . Don't worry about Style point's I will make it KOOL ! It will also be Really Really FAST !
I guess my next thread should be Really Nice Bonanza 1410 for sale !

That Bonanza is awsome ! That's the problem I'm afraid I'll F :censure: it up !
It's a really nice bike as it is. I would hate to mess up the fenders or the Tank.They're valuable parts on their own . It seems like I'm gonna go with the RUPP . Don't worry about Style point's I will make it KOOL ! It will also be Really Really FAST !
I guess my next thread should be Really Nice Bonanza 1410 for sale !
Let me know when i can pick it up :laugh:

tomsprops

Yeah I did . I had used a 15% off Ebay coupon I had to save some $$ . He also was a really good guy so he reduced the shipping by $50 too.
The SFVISBF rules had changed this year because too many Crybabies were complaing that it wasn't a minibike . Yet other guys were raceing completly custom built bikes W/O any minibike parts at all . Which I thought was Cool ! But that just goes to prove you can't keep everyone happy.

I say run the Rupp with the bigger wheels it should do better for that variety of events and there are a lot of Rupp's and parts out there for the Rupp.
I would just use different tires for different types of races. The Bonanza is just to rare of a machine to risk damage to the parts.
And the front brake will be a great help in the figure 8 race .
Steve :scooter:

tomsprops

Seems like were all on the same page with this one ! My 5hp Tec w/TAV2 DB30 was my weapon of choice for the fig 8 and It Rocked ! :thumbsup:

tomsprops

If that's True? You just Broke the Hearts of a third of the Members Here !
Lancaster,CA That means your close enough to come out and Race ! :thumbsup:
Try your theory out on the Track not the message boards ! :thefinger: