why is it when you sell a bike you want more?

toomanytoys

I decided recently I was done with minibikes. I haven't messed with them much, and they have basically sat in the shed not being touched. The only 2 I was going to keep was the Super Bronc and the Hill Topper.

Sold the black widow yesterday, last week the 69 roadster went, 3 cats the week before, and the first one to go was an el tigre. Also sold a few fork/frames that I had laying around.

Now I get on craigslist and start looking around and want to buy some new ones! Its a never ending struggle here. Really want a Bonanza now!!

Maybe my problem wasn't the minibikes but I was bored with what I had!

im with you on your choice of keepers, the hilltopper and bronc are cool.

i think you are right about bored with what you have. often times its not having them, but having collected them, searching for them in the first place, finding the right parts, waiting for the right deals, and then finally getting it back perfect, or at least where you think it should be. thats about the time you put a price sticker on it and put it in the window for the other kids to drool over and hopefully fork out too much for! thats when you take that cash and go buy 3 more projects!!!

incogrhino

I just stuck like 5 bikes in the back of the truck for the swap meet. Talked myself into keeping 2 I was going to adopt out. Its a battle....:eek:ut::laugh:

When I sold two bikes I built, I was like proud papa, actually interviewing prospective buyers to make sure they were going to a good home.

toomanytoys

For me because building them is about ten times as enjoyable as riding them. I was getting out of the hobby five bikes ago.
I agree there. I think that is my problem. I do highly enjoy riding the super bronc and the hill topper. But the super bronc needs a new throttle assembly. The Hill Topper is just flat out too pretty to ride. All new powder coat, new chrome, and cleaned and polished out as much as possible. It's only seen pavement since it was finished. Kind of a waste for a trail bike.

My Dad called me today and me a guy wants to buy the second super bronc, VT7. Honestly ALMOST forgot I had the VT7 in the back shed at his house..