Why?

The only posts I see disappear are the ones that posted an item of great value for sale but the seller is selling way below cost.
Somehow those posts disappear before anyone can contact seller and score. :shrug:

It's the mod. fairy saying NO, No, no! And poof gone!

Every ones got an opinion and if yours is not what the few in charge want you are band or they just get rid of the thread!!!
Yeah like the time you got banned for calling Jeff Mihalko or a member of his family an "idiot" for not mailing out the ribbons from the Windber charity event. Remember that? You had an opinion then too.

Despite the fact that you live in Washington State and have never stepped foot on Windber property....despite the fact that you know nothing about Jeff or his family or the effort they put in each year for the hobby, for the attendees and for the local charities....and despite the fact that you had no knowledge of what actually transpired, you just decided to run your mouth and start calling them idiots. Your talking about people that do more for the hobby and more for the OldMiniBikes in 60 seconds than you could do in 10 lifetimes.

I didn't agree with your opinion then...in fact I still get instantly pissed anytime I see your name appear. You should have been shit-canned for good but you caught a break.

But the thread was never deleted, it's still there if you or anybody wants to see it, I'll post up the link for you...:thumbsup:

When a thread disappears, it's usually due to the original poster requesting it, or name calling, unprovoked personal attacks, people who don't even read the original post and start shit in the middle somewhere, creating useless drama, causing the report button to be worked to death or general shit stirring. No names mentioned, and if this offends someone, oh well. I've offended people far more important than anyone here.:wink:

When a thread disappears, it's usually due to the original poster requesting it, or name calling, unprovoked personal attacks, people who don't even read the original post and start shit in the middle somewhere, creating useless drama, causing the report button to be worked to death or general shit stirring. No names mentioned, and if this offends someone, oh well. I've offended people far more important than anyone here.:wink:

^ Exacty. If it does offend you, there's probably a good reason.

matt2

Yeah like the time you got banned for calling Jeff Mihalko or a member of his family an "idiot" for not mailing out the ribbons from the Windber charity event. Remember that? You had an opinion then too.

Despite the fact that you live in Washington State and have never stepped foot on Windber property....despite the fact that you know nothing about Jeff or his family or the effort they put in each year for the hobby, for the attendees and for the local charities....and despite the fact that you had no knowledge of what actually transpired, you just decided to run your mouth and start calling them idiots. Your talking about people that do more for the hobby and more for the OldMiniBikes in 60 seconds than you could do in 10 lifetimes.

I didn't agree with your opinion then...in fact I still get instantly pissed anytime I see your name appear. You should have been shit-canned for good but you caught a break.

But the thread was never deleted, it's still there if you or anybody wants to see it, I'll post up the link for you...:thumbsup:
I should have never said idiot I'm sorry. I should have said if they would have said we are not mailing out the ribbons none of that stuff would have happened. So KKK I apologize.

The only posts I see disappear are the ones that posted an item of great value for sale but the seller is selling way below cost.
Somehow those posts disappear before anyone can contact seller and score. :shrug:

It's the mod. fairy saying NO, No, no! And poof gone!
From what I have seen in those situations the person that is selling their bike is:

A. posting it for sale in the wrong section

B. fishing for offers instead of setting a price

C. only joined to sell their bike, they can take it to craigslist or ebay if that is the only reason they joined

I should have never said idiot I'm sorry. I should have said if they would have said we are not mailing out the ribbons none of that stuff would have happened. So KKK I apologize.
Well I'm not the one who you should be aplogizing to...buy a couple raffle tickets for that beautiful bike Rick Chatten is building for this year's fund raiser and we'll put it to rest. :wink:

Most single posts are deleted by the author. There are a couple in this thread that were deleted by the author. Sometimes there's a second thought or they figure it's pointless so they delete it. Then sometimes people post something long enough for the person it's directed at to see it, then delete it. Nobody here spends all day looking for stuff to delete. Pretty much the opposite is true. A good day is when everyone acts like they've got some sense and a lot of interesting, informative discussions happen,without people jumping to conclusions without no clue what they were talking about, or having enough facts, and jumping someone, pointing fingers, calling names and other such ignorant and uncool shit. Everyone has an opinion, but opinions will never override facts. A couple of banned people were banned as spammers and their posts were probably deleted, so here and there through the forums, there will be a missing post or two in some threads. Every now and then something gets deleted accidentally in a group of posts, or gets merged into another more relevant thread, etc. If anyone here was "out to get someone" they'd never have a clue til they were had.

Most single posts are deleted by the author. There are a couple in this thread that were deleted by the author. Sometimes there's a second thought or they figure it's pointless so they delete it. Then sometimes people post something long enough for the person it's directed at to see it, then delete it. Nobody here spends all day looking for stuff to delete. Pretty much the opposite is true. A good day is when everyone acts like they've got some sense and a lot of interesting, informative discussions happen,without people jumping to conclusions without no clue what they were talking about, or having enough facts, and jumping someone, pointing fingers, calling names and other such ignorant and uncool shit. Everyone has an opinion, but opinions will never override facts. A couple of banned people were banned as spammers and their posts were probably deleted, so here and there through the forums, there will be a missing post or two in some threads. Every now and then something gets deleted accidentally in a group of posts, or gets merged into another more relevant thread, etc. If anyone here was "out to get someone" they'd never have a clue til they were had.

I have never even seen the OPTION to delete posts.. :shrug:

I have however seen my own, and other, posts, just vanish.. ONE TIME just happen to FIND IT MISSING because someone chimed in on something I had discovered, so I went back, KNOWING THEY POSTED something I was looking for... :angry:

Gone.... :shrug: Not only mine, but one of the responses to it.. :angry: