Windber 2014

Hey Randy are you packed yet lol
But seriously I am starting to think about plans
My toy hauler project is really only ever going to be used once a year the rest of the time it will be used as extra storage lol

My best friend and windber cohort Ron is heading back up north to work building Ice roads , so we usually do some planning and he gives me some of his bike parts to get ready for spring

So for me anyway the windber planning has started

http://www.OldMiniBikes.com/uploads/windber.jpg
http://www.OldMiniBikes.com/uploads/windber1.jpg

You can always recognize a great annual event because people plan for it months in advance. Then after the event they talk about it until they go again the following year. :scooter:

Last edited:
Hey Folks,

Now here's a topic that get's me goin'...the first Windber of next year thread !

I am as excited as if it were tomorrow !

Last year 2012 was my first time...best vacation i've ever had.

Could not make it this year for family reasons and needed rv repairs, but have already scheduled the two weeks off around fathers day 2014 to go this year.

I swear my super bronc will run by then...without me having to take it to small engine repair shop..(that's been the deal w/ this one..I swore I was going to get it running on my own...just got the flywheel back on last night after repairing a loose magnet...going to try to start it today.)

Just bought a Sensation rear wheel and sprocket from OwenD (thanks Owen) for my 2013 build off bike...yes 2013...it's still in pieces in the garage :doah: .

And just brought home a red Heathkit Boonie Bike this past weekend, seems original w/ exception of the motor. It's got a 2000 model tech 5 hp on it. Put gas in it, and it gushed out the dang primer bulb ! :laugh: ! Bought me a primer bulb and hope to install it today.

So yes, I guess one could say I'm preparing for Windber 2014 too.

Look forward to looking forward, and especially looking forward to seeing everyone there at Windber 2014 !!

Last edited:
When is Windber 2014. I did a quick search around and couldn't find a date. Of course I probably am searching the wrong terms. :laugh:. I am planning on attending this year if possible. I have to put some faces on people here. And I hope you are going to make it Buckeye.

Doc

Hey, send Evil Ed to Windber by renting him a travel trailer, so he can stop by my house on the way and pick me up. :thumbsup:

I will share a sleeping bag with Buckeye.

i'm sill putting crap away from this year :doah: so at that rate it means if i start getting ready after x-mass i will be ready to go right on time plus my youngest grandson wants to go with his brother and i told him last time that i promise i'll take him in 2014.so that means another build. have fun guys looking forward to seeing you there! :thumbsup: hope they tighten up on the late model 2 stroke mini rules this year, great bikes its just not the place for them. they have there places its not at windber

Went last year and will go again . Both my brothers will be going also , we all had a great time there last year .

Probably not going to have any bikes in the contest though , we got kinda turned off by how it works .:thumbsup:

You know I'm ready... Never know what I'm bringing but I already bought a spare. Actually 2 spare Mini Bajas... They are a blast on the trails.... Not sure if I will bring the same Alsport or a T-555 this year for a trike...

We need to plan a road trip for those of us with street legal mini/ vintage bikes.
Rob and I had a blast around the beach this summer. Almost 1000 miles on my SL 70 this summer.

Can someone describe the event?

You show up and ....

Where can you ride non-street legal minis?

Are hotels close?

Parking

Events, contests, shows, ect.

Days and times for 2014.

How many attendees in 2013?

Is there a registration form somewhere?

Thanks
Kevin

jeep4me

I was sorely unprepared last year. You really need a bike with suspension, power, a tav and good brakes to be able to ride the property that's made available. Most all the property is on an incline. And fairly rough riding.

Think of it as a big flea market and a campground combined. Hotels are within a few miles, along with your major fast food and department type stores.

The country side is very hilly, so if you're towing a trailer make sure your tranny and brakes are in tip top shape.

Forms / registration will be coming. Just keep an eye open.

I was sorely unprepared last year. You really need a bike with suspension, power, a tav and good brakes to be able to ride the property that's made available. Most all the property is on an incline. And fairly rough riding.

Think of it as a big flea market and a campground combined. Hotels are within a few miles, along with your major fast food and department type stores.

The country side is very hilly, so if you're towing a trailer make sure your tranny and brakes are in tip top shape.

Forms / registration will be coming. Just keep an eye open.
I know you will be prepared this year .... just take it easy on my future Super Bronc VT-10 ... Thanks!

I think that if anybody on this site deserves to be sent to winder next year it should be MAC. I'm sure he has helped alot of us here out with many parts and his knowledge.i know he's helped me out.

just my 2 cents