Windber 2014

I was sorely unprepared last year. You really need a bike with suspension, power, a tav and good brakes to be able to ride the property that's made available. Most all the property is on an incline. And fairly rough riding.

Think of it as a big flea market and a campground combined. Hotels are within a few miles, along with your major fast food and department type stores.

The country side is very hilly, so if you're towing a trailer make sure your tranny and brakes are in tip top shape.

Forms / registration will be coming. Just keep an eye open.
I only have one eye. It's the best I can do.

Well, I tell my wife when she gets dressed up she only looks half as good. Then I tell her when she gets up in the morning she only looks half as bad. It's kind of a balance you know........she's not amused.

Doc

Mac

I think that if anybody on this site deserves to be sent to winder next year it should be MAC. I'm sure he has helped alot of us here out with many parts and his knowledge.i know he's helped me out.

just my 2 cents
I appreciate the mention, but I'm a homebody and wouldn't know how to act outside L.A.
Planes, Trains, and Motels just don't do much for me.:smile:
I'll contribute to get Ed there again this next year.

I think that if anybody on this site deserves to be sent to winder next year it should be MAC. I'm sure he has helped alot of us here out with many parts and his knowledge.i know he's helped me out.

just my 2 cents
I'll contribute another 2 cents SEND MAC TO WINDBER that makes 4 cents.

MB165

im looking forward to it as well, sure do miss you all.... still have alot of people to meet too. my son is now on a gas powered mini, so thats going to be a new experience. watch out karen....haha. i guess its time to sell the erivet.
i went up to Windber last week, and bought another project from Jeffs pile of treasures. it was cold and breezy. leaves off the trees, from the road its really easy to see just how steep that field is. the place is looking good they have recently remodeled a few buildings.

You can camp, there is a wonderfull pavilion with bathrooms and showers and a food stand! there are hotels but all the magic happens on the property! Only real die gards camp all weekend!

im looking forward to it as well, sure do miss you all.... still have alot of people to meet too. my son is now on a gas powered mini, so thats going to be a new experience. watch out karen....haha. i guess its time to sell the erivet.
i went up to Windber last week, and bought another project from Jeffs pile of treasures. it was cold and breezy. leaves off the trees, from the road its really easy to see just how steep that field is. the place is looking good they have recently remodeled a few buildings.
I'm glad he is on a gas powered mini:thumbsup: I knew it would only be a matter of time since he seems to like to go FAST:laugh:

You can camp, there is a wonderfull pavilion with bathrooms and showers and a food stand! there are hotels but all the magic happens on the property! Only real die gards camp all weekend!
Most people camp. Riding the mini's goes on until 9pm:thumbsup: One big tip.......Suspension:thumbsup::thumbsup: The property has a million goffer holes:laugh::laugh:

jeep4me

I'm really looking forward to another trip down to Windber. I'll be bringing both of my younger kids, 16 & 14.
My daughter will have the Powell to ride and I'm still working on finding a Yukon for my son. I'll have the Super Bronc. Maybe only bring a couple bikes to sell and some parts. I want to be able to enjoy the surroundings instead of working on a bike everyday.

fistfullabar

just my 2 cents
i 2nd that help mac bust a move to windber

I would like to bring 2 trikes this year but it is hard enough to make 1 fit. They are fun on the trails. But I don't think they can go where HENT and I went when we headed up the hill. Kind of across the beaten paths....lol...The Alsport is super comfortable but the T555 is better for racing around. I had a blast riding the Alsport around the upper circle track. I am definitely bringing the mini Baja and at least 1 backup mini Baja because they are great on the trails. Plus whatever minis I find between now and then... I think I should just rent an RV toy hauler....