Wisconsin robin info

catfishman

hey cowboy, you must have seen the mini on craigslist in st.louis, just glad to see someone in my area into the hobby as well. if you buy it post a pic, that way i will see what i missed out on. thanks

Most of these Wisconsin Robin motors were built in Japan with a very early Mikuni carb. I have one that sat in a shed for 40 years. I just cleaned it up and it ran. I have been amazed how quietly it runs. No valve clatter at all and their mufflers really work.

They are very durable engines, now finding parts is a chore though, It took me a couple hours to find a new replacement carb for one at work thats mounted to a Mikasa tamper. The carb shaft was frozen completely and I couldn't free it up. I had to cross refrence some old part numbers I found and was able to get a new carb through Oregon.

The durabilty, I can attest to, this engine is a 1992, its got hundreds of hours on it, these a-holes at work never bring it in to change the oil or anything so they take the abuse alot of other engines cannot. Reason parts are hard to find is because they got bought out a couple times and Subaru now owns them, and Subaru only makes OHV engines now, no flathead stuff and they dont have any parts for them really. From what I gather they stopped making these engines in the early to mid 90's.

mybiz

:shrug:sorry the is not OK :shrug: This is a true Wisconsin with out Robin. This sucker is enormous/heavy and will out last every other small motor i have you can start it without a rope.:blink: If your brave enough to risk loosing a finger or a hand. The magneto is what every motor needs.:thumbsup: And if I'm right this monster is a 4.5HP:blink::blink:

When I worked in 3 different rental yards the equipment we rented had a lot of Wisconsin motors with the mag. If the gas was there the heavy duty spark would always fire the motor.
And your 100% right about the rope start, you pull the motor through till it starts the compression stroke and wiz bang your going. Concrete mixers and small rollers used them a lot.
Steve :scooter: