wont run with choke off

I have a clone with a header, filter, and a #90 jet. It wont run with the choke off and the plug is leading me to believe its running lean. Isn't the #90 jet big enough for the mods? :confused:

I have had this problem multiple times and went all on about checking the stupidest little things, beating my head on the wall for days. I always tend to go digging on in before I check the basics I always forget.
-------------------------------------------------------
!!!CHECK FOR INTAKE LEAKS!!!
-------------------------------------------------------
I was rejetting my carb at the time, and after a few times of taking the carburetor off and on, all of the sudden it wouldn't run. I thought I went WAY fat on the jet, which confused me since one jet size before it ran great. Eventually, after ripping the carburetor apart, I noticed I somehow damaged the black carburetor spacer/ insulator. I fixed that, and what do you know... it ran!

Main jet is only for top end mixture. There's a hidden idle adjustment under a plug to play with......
is this the same for a predator?

my predator would start right up with choke on. it would die if i moved it more than 25%. today i drilled out the main jet to a 65. HOLY CRAP!!! :thumbsup: first, i cant believe how easy it is to rejet. second, what a difference. this predator is in a badger 100. if i give it full throttle, i have no steering cause the
front wheel is off the ground. heehee, it is so fun!

one problem though. i can only open the choke about 90%. if i open it all the way, it will sputter and die. how do i adjust the idle screw or does the predator have an idle jet that i need to drill out?

thanks

TTS

I would stick with starting fluid,carb cleaner has chemicals in it that could choke down the engine..also since starting fluid is so flamable,it will run up the rpm's letting you know for sure where you are sucking air from.do small areas at a time.

its not a leak around the intake, and its not a bent pushrod. its def not getting enough fuel so i ordered a bored out carb to try out. it may even just be air/fuel mixture at idle. idk im at a loss.