Working on a little Maniac project

I thought it would be cool to have a life sized Maniac to display on one of my bikes while set up at shows. I bought a large styrofoam ball and some other styrofoam pieces and came up with this.

A little more refining. The my wife Lori covered it in material and I built a skeleton frame out of wood and aluminum. Next is to make the arms and legs.

I brought it inside and my dogs went crazy barking at it. I guess it looked real to them. :laugh:

Last edited:
That came out really great:laugh::laugh: My dad use to make animals out of syrafoam for 3D archery shoots. He would shape the animal from the styrafoam and cover it with burlap soaked in wall paper paste. Came out like concrete:laugh::laugh: Then he would paint the animal. They was fun archery shoots:thumbsup:

Last edited:

markus

Thats really cool Tom!! I had a "Billy" replica from the Saw movies that a special effects artist made a few years ago and he was made like that. he wore a tux so he had the luxury of hiding everything though. His fingers were actualy just wires in the gloves so you could postion him and his feet were bolted to the pedals so if you pushed him or pulled him out of the shadows with a clear fishing line (my favorite thing to do :devil2:) he would pedal along with it.

Thanks guys! I already have foam like material for the tongue. I need to work on the fingers and toes next. Probably going to use copper wire so they can be bent around the grips. Here is a better picture of the frame and joints. It stands abut 5 feet tall to the top of the head.

I just finished sliding pieces of inner tube over each joint so the stuffing won't get caught in them.