Worst Sub I've Ever Eaten !!

I need some impartial opinions guys. With today being Labor Day most of our local food joints are closed. That being the case I let my old lady talk me into going to one of her favorite places...SUBWAY. I should have known right there that this was not going to be good. This being my first time eating at Subway, I was speechless as I watched the sub builder put two paper thin slices of ham and two 1/4 slices of provolone on my ham & cheese sub. Lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and six stinking paper thin slices of black olives rounded out my sub. When I asked for a LOT of mayonnaise she put a thin squirt of mayo that looked like the shiny track that snails make. I asked for more and got a second track. I swear to God that all I tasted was the roll and the lettuce. Even after transferring all of the guts to the other end of the roll I still could not taste any meat. Of course I'm bitching all the way home and my old lady thinks I'm over reacting. Tell me guys; am I being unfair or does SUBWAY really make the skimpiest and most tasteless, piece of shit subs in the world? Ogy

I always thought they don't put enough meat on anything. Their almost like a fast food deli.

Anyway, I'm in the mood for some salty chips...

buckeye

They are awful. I live in the south and they have no clue what a sub sandwich is. I miss my hometown sub joint.

MikeBear

Subway is the worst crap EVER! I'll never go back. They were good 5 years ago, but now they build subs so skimpy a dog would die from starvation! :hammer:

danc9

I quit going when the young lady counted the items she laid on the bun! How come no one calls them on the advertising, the sub in the ad doesn't look like the one you get!

IMHO,

DAN

Hahahaha....you should have checked with me first Ogy...I've been railing against Subway for years...
I bought my first and last Subway sub in Colorado about 20 years ago..I only went there because it was a familiar name from back east and figured "how bad could it be..?"
well I found out the hard way...it was vile....putrid...prison food! In fact prison food must be better or they would all revolt or beg to be put on death row instead of eating it.
The girl dragged out this yellow cakey looking roll then reached under the counter and opened up these tupperware bins that were falsley labeled "meat" and "cheese"... she then proceeded to assemble this awful looking mess :001_9898: that believe it or not wound up tasting even worse than it looked. I couldn't believe my eyes or my taste buds :confused:....what's even crazier is there are some folks who have been brainwashed into thinking that this is what a submarine sandwich is supposed to taste like and they keep going back for more :eek:ut:
The reason their spokesman "Jarred" or "Jarret" or whatever the hell his name is lost so much weight eating Subway subs can easily be attributed to the projectile vomiting he must have suffered with each and every bite.....Notice he hasn't been around lately, I think they are hiding his body.
take a ride over to Jersey Ogy...I'll treat you to some of the best submarine sandwiches on planet earth...Jersey Mike's , Daras of Elizabeth...just to name a couple of the legendary sub joints....heaven on earth!!!!

Last edited:
Well there all stuck on the $5.00 foot long. About the only one I buy is the Meatball and thats not to bad I am not a big on the big rolls and there is no nutritional value in Iceberg lettuce so why is it even there. Here in Portland they do not scrimp on the meat or all the super long list of veggies and plenty of cheeses but this of yuppie land and if it isn't right they hear about it on the spot.
Best ever was the Philly Cheese Steak in Culver City a little family owned shop in Los Angeles.
Steve :scooter:

Ogygopsis fight back and be heard.

Have to agree with ya there ..Terrible.... Go to Quizno's or Blimpie's if you want a better fast food sub.

I have a real deli joint close to me that has 100's of import beers, plays really cool music, and the food is awesome !!!. So I dont bother with the other sub places, But Subway is the worst :001_9898:

MiniBike Paul

Subway is terrible, all there :001_9898: sandwiches taste the same, and what kills me is that I notice most females love the place!!

Maybe they are not everywhere, but out here we now have "Jersey Mike's", Jersey Mike's Subs - Authentic Sub Sandwiches since 1956 , and I like the subs there, although when you say heavy on the mayo or onion you have to keep telling the kid about 5 times, so I do - but their sandwiches are great!!

MB165

I hate subway, they all taste the same. Plus, the last time I went there I asked for hots. the kid behind the counter dipped two fingers in the hots container and flicked it off over the sub like he was flicking off a wad of snot. He dissed my sub, I briefly cussed him and walked out and will never go back.

Subway is terrible, all there :001_9898: sandwiches taste the same, and what kills me is that I notice most females love the place!!

Maybe they are not everywhere, but out here we now have "Jersey Mike's", Jersey Mike's Subs - Authentic Sub Sandwiches since 1956 , and I like the subs there, although when you say heavy on the mayo or onion you have to keep telling the kid about 5 times, so I do - but their sandwiches are great!!
Hey Paul, didn't you say your wife was from Barberton or somewhere close. Ask her if she remebers Primos Deli in Akron. :thumbsup:

Last time I was in there I was in the hospital 3 weeks later with complications from the flu.
Not saying it was the food but the joint is filthy!!!!
The same guy taking the money was making the subs and needless to say who knows how many germs are spread around with the filthy towel that wipes hands, counters, a$$es??????

Haven't been back since!

We have a place called Jimmy Johns, still a chain but pretty good!

There's a reason why it's 5 bucks! You gotta beg to get extra anything!

The same guy taking the money was making the subs and needless to say who knows how many germs are spread around with the filthy towel that wipes hands, counters, a$$es??????
I like the guys that wear the gloves making the sandwiches...only it's the same guy/same gloves taking the money, taking out the garbage, collecting the carts in the parking lot, mopping the bathroom floor, etc.......he's wearing the gloves to keep his hands clean not your food :facepalm:

My wife is a fanatic about eating at home and her own food.
She's never sick!

Restaurants are more of a social thing or just fast, not really better food than you can make at home and god only knows they don't care about you getting healthy or clean food.

It's hard to stop going there since we were all raised to think it's the American way! But only American's really go, other countries wouldn't be caught dead in most fast food places.

I bet those guys wearing the gloves wear them for the whole 8 hour shift?
At least my Dr. changes gloves after each a$$ and he ain't making me a sandwich!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited: