wtb 97cc baja parts

driftoy

i am looking for filter, box and any parts to connect this to the carb. then i need exhaust. paypal ready. i don't come on too often, so if u send a message to driftoy@aol.com, i can reply faster.

don't waste money on the 2.8.

after buying the parts you need you'll probably be 1/3 to 1/2 of the cost of a 6.5. just get one and have plenty of power.

don't waste money on the 2.8.

after buying the parts you need you'll probably be 1/3 to 1/2 of the cost of a 6.5. just get one and have plenty of power.
That was the same conclusion I came to.

The 6.5HP clone isn't your only option though. I would be watching your local Craigslist & yard-sales for a lawn edger. With enough patience you should be able to pick one up for less than $50. Another piece of equipment to watch for is a pressure washer with a blown pump. I've been able to pick up 2 pressure washers with blown pumps that have real clean, low hour engines on them. One is a B&S 5HP I/C & the other is an Intek if I recall correctly.

You will need to be careful when selecting an engine for a DB-30 swap. The Briggs flat-head engines that have the fuel tank mounted under the carb at the rear of the engine are not as well suited as say a Tecumseh that has the fuel tank mounted in the front. The Briggs tank & the Doodlebug rear fender don't care for each other much. The DB-30 engine mounting area is a bit short.

driftoy

been there. the sales associate over email was no help, period. told me to check the products list and find what i need. they had nothing i needed until now. well now they have only the air cleaner, still no exhaust.
i don't want to was money on it either, but was gonna pass this down to my son and i don't want him having that much power until he's ready for it.
so if someone has a stock exhaust, let me know, thanx.

been there. the sales associate over email was no help, period....
Why would a sales associate know anything about the parts department?

Did you try the telephone? :doah:

I used the phone, received excellent assistance & the parts arrived the following week.