Your best xmas gift as a kid?

We all had a favorite gift or something happening that made it the best Xmas gift as a kid. There were five boys in our family and no girls. Times were tough, so my dad cut holes in our pockets so that we would have something to play with. haha The next year was a close runner up, I got a BB gun. :xmas-smiley-016:

lol its just me and my brother one year when i was like 11 i got a big trampoline and my brother got a spankin new 5hp briggs and tc for our gocart. We always got the same $ amount so everything is fair. That was the biggest year for sure. He was into the machines much more than me back then. Now hes a mechanic so he wants nothing to do with them when he gets home lol. The trampoline is long gone but i still got the motor and tc on my cat :xmas-smiley-016:

vette66_00

Big Wheel when I was 4 years old or was it 5. Hell I don't member now.
And my very first go cart when I was 11 years old (85' or 86' lol how about that Tom S.). I cant remember anything else I got when I was younger than 15.

Last edited:
We all had a favorite gift or something happening that made it the best Xmas gift as a kid. There were five boys in our family and no girls. Times were tough, so my dad cut holes in our pockets so that we would have something to play with. haha The next year was a close runner up, I got a BB gun. :xmas-smiley-016:

If it was a RED RYDER bb gun, you coulda shot your eye out ! :gunsmilie:

When i was 8 I got my first hobby grade RC, a Tamiya Rough Rider. I have been heavily involved with RC's ever since. That outweighed my 3 wheelers and all the other stuff for some reason?

Tamiya been re released a lot of old cars from the eighties. Buggy champ been reissued. and the VW bug sand scorcher is coming out in 2010. Maybe the rough rider will be next.

Tamiya been re released a lot of old cars from the eighties. Buggy champ been reissued. and the VW bug sand scorcher is coming out in 2010. Maybe the rough rider will be next.
The Buggy Champ was the Rough Rider re-release. They did a good job I think. The Scorcher re-re is the one I'm waiting for. I hear the price is new $500 though? Ouch!:doah:

The Buggy Champ was the Rough Rider re-release. They did a good job I think. The Scorcher re-re is the one I'm waiting for. I hear the price is new $500 though? Ouch!:doah:
Tower hobbies has them there not cheap, there about 330 buck, You can.t get a original for that money, I would like to get one somday. I have the Hornet, Frog and Subaru Brat re-releases, I had a brat back in the day. R/C cars are as addicting as minibikes, I got about 25 R/C cars, I like my Team Associated cars also. I have original RC10 and and newer ones.

My first fondest was @ about 5 I got a James Bond briefcase "kit". It had guns and gadgets and you could put caps in the briefcase so it would explode if someone else opened it.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

When I was 12 I got a Bolt action 22 rifle a Mossberg 342K 7 shot clip and the fold down fore stock. I also had to enroll in a hunters gun safety course given by the NRA held at a local school. I pawned that rifle in Bremerton, Wash to buy my wife maternity clothes while my ship was there for overhaul in 1965. I miss that great little gun.
Steve :scooter:

Last edited:
well im still a kid but as a early part christmas/ birthday gift i got my 71 dart 383 swinger BEST gift i have ever got ITS A CAR!! lol