BC1100 wanna be vintage, just for fun class

Well yesterday while taking off the belt pulley that was on the motor that the shaft wasn't drilled and tapped . Would have been nice if the seller would have told me but oh well , the motor runs great so all is good . So now I have to get a hole drilled and some threads in it . I thought this shouldn't be to hard , turn the motor on its side and put her in the drill press . But I need a way to center the hole up . So I get this big ass jack shaft sprocket and a 3/4 inch tube and tack weld 3/8" nut in the tube and found a bit that fit the hole . This setup centered the bit to get a hole started . Then switched over to my 17/64 bit and drilled the hole .
Then got a 5/16 -24 tap and cut some threads .

I just gotta say this one thing about this build , this kinda build is boring as shit . All I gotta do is paint it have the fenders chromed a little zinc plating and put it together.
You don't get to cut and weld with this build , nothing to fab . Boring is what these vintage stock builds are .

You know right before paint a may just cut her in half and build a drag bike .

Yeah, it was too nice for me. I would have just tossed a clone on it and rode it. Better off to keep it originalish than to listen to the haters. Plenty of other things to cut up.

I just gotta say this one thing about this build , this kinda build is boring as shit . All I gotta do is paint it have the fenders chromed a little zinc plating and put it together.
You don't get to cut and weld with this build , nothing to fab . Boring is what these vintage stock builds are .

You know right before paint a may just cut her in half and build a drag bike .
Well sure if you stumble upon, and I quote:
everything on it was original to the bike . The throttle, brake lever , brakes and linkage, kick stand and tries . Only things missing were the motor and chain Guard . I now have a correct 3 hp TEC
LOL how often does THAT happen? :laugh:

Just wanna say yesterday I was feeling destructive, was working on my BC 1300 and finishing the bars and fixing the upper trees got me in cut chop mood .
So I'am not gonna fuc up this bike , it's going together the way she came . With this out of the way today I dropped the fenders off at the chromer . They are starting to get a little high ,175.00 for the two fenders . One does have to be straightened and welded though so that adds to the cost . But they will be total show chrome when done .
I also got the frame and forks sanded and also smoothed out the bonanza metal .

Well today I got back to working on the chain guard . The part that had stopped me was the domed shape of of the outside piece that covers the clutch . I have looked everywhere to find a spun piece that would work but haven't . I have found pipe cap ends out of stainless but they looked like that a dome . My buddy Craig the one with the brake and roller had suggested that we try by cutting the circle out and setting the piece on a pipe end and with a small tube , we used 1" piece press it and hope we get a dome shape . Well he had a 6" piece of aluminum tube , we needed 5" . So I cut the sheet stainless 6" we centered it on the tube and pressed it , went down about 3/4" and let off and had a prefect 1/2" dished shape . I still have to cut the dished piece to 5"s and weld it all together. The wedding is where it all could go wrong just going to have to take my time . Since the cover will have sections that are hard to get to for polishing I pre polished it first . All was belt sanded starting with 150 - 220 -400 -600 then on the buffing
wheel .

I just gotta say this one thing about this build , this kinda build is boring as shit . All I gotta do is paint it have the fenders chromed a little zinc plating and put it together. You don't get to cut and weld with this build , nothing to fab . Boring is what these vintage stock builds are. You know right before paint a may just cut her in half and build a drag bike .
If you start with a complicated bike that is need of full restoration, and do 100% of the work yourself, (except chrome) they tend to not be so boring.

I long ago stopped worrying what someone else thought about my stuff. See if the moderators will move you and this build to the vintage class.

If not, rip the thing apart and make it a boat trike bike glider. Yeah, that wouldn't be boring.

Wanna say thanks guys . Today I got the clutch cover done . Welding it up was not so easy as stainless is a little harder to do than reg steel . It's pretty much done there is a couple little places that need some attention on the inside shoulder, really hard to get iN there . And it needs the final buffing and a couple of holes drilled for the brackets.