Windber Mini Bike Reunion 2016

have a quick question,and apologize for not reading all the pages,but
is there a limitation on displacement for the minibikes at the event?
(above/below a certain CC ? )

i remember there being some discussion at the end of the 2014 event about that so i wondered.

also wheres the registration form and how much is it to camp there on the property from friday to sunday?
thanks again.

Last edited:
I am starting to get Windberitis again , it usually starts this time of year.
The symptoms start out with an itching on my right palm , then it travels up my arm and becomes a big grin on my face.

It will soon be time to decide what projects need to get finished and what old stuff will be going back

Looking forward to seeing all my old friends

trying to describe Windber is not easy,id compare it to being in Heaven with minibikes and good people everywhere you look.
we went first time in 2014 and had a Blast!

we went with junkers,just basic beater minibikes,nothing fancy and still didnt get sneered at or mocked,
everyone was nice,and the town is pretty nice as well,very nostalgic and they even have a killer car show.

you can find all sorts of bikes and parts there,and a lot of the people will say to you,do you like my bike here try it out!
the prices were Great,bring extra loot if you are looking for a complete bike,a roller or a single part,itll probably be there.

again,if you are new,and just thinking about going >> Stop Thinking about it and Make Plans to be there !! :)

( we go to various events during the year and the Watkins Glen race season is the only thing that even comes close to the awesomeness of the windber event,just for a comparison.)

I am starting to get Windberitis again , it usually starts this time of year.
The symptoms start out with an itching on my right palm , then it travels up my arm and becomes a big grin on my face.

It will soon be time to decide what projects need to get finished and what old stuff will be going back

Looking forward to seeing all my old friends
Hey Rob,
I have "surprise" for you this year! ;-)

Mailed in the registration this week. I waited till I got the copy in the mail. yea, I saw it on Facebook a while ago.

Been going since 2003. Yea, this year will make 14 years........ My son is 21 now. weeeoooo.....

My observation..... it has never been muddy two years in a row. 2003 was a little rainy, 2004 was a mud bowl. 2005 was nice. When it's dry, it gets to be a dust bowl. Like "get a bucket of water and throw it on the truck windshield so you can see to drive home" dusty. It's best if it rained a few days before. And maybe have a sprinkle at night. The trails are awesome when they are packed but not dusty. But..... dusty means power slides around the corners. 2014 & 2015 were rainy / muddy........ hopefully my observation holds true.

This year I'm going to setup in the Vendor area and try and sell my Tecumseh lighting coil kits. Brandt from the Ruppparts website hasn't requested any for 2 years now, so would like to move some inventory.

The Speedway Greenhorn I picked up out of Jeff's boneyard last year is ready.

Will be getting there Weds evening. I work Weds till 3pm. Live on the east side of PA, so drive is only 207 miles fm my house.

Ten Day Weather forecast for Windber. (bookmark it):
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/15963:4:US

A BIG NOTE HERE: Anyone getting there Weds, please offer to help Jeff & his family. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Meek & Dalla Valle Funeral Home, Inc. | Windber PA funeral home and cremation

Truly a sad day, Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jeff after the loss of his dad David A. Mihalko, Sr.

It was always a pleasure to talk with him :thumbsup: The first time Mama and I went to Windber he came over and welcomed us and asked where we were from :thumbsup: and the two years since he came over at some point during the weekend and asked how our drive from Connecticut was, he remembered us and was happy we made it back every year :thumbsup: It will be a sad year this year without that welcome :sad:

Meek & Dalla Valle Funeral Home, Inc. | Windber PA funeral home and cremation

Truly a sad day, Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jeff after the loss of his dad David A. Mihalko, Sr.

It was always a pleasure to talk with him :thumbsup: The first time Mama and I went to Windber he came over and welcomed us and asked where we were from :thumbsup: and the two years since he came over at some point during the weekend and asked how our drive from Connecticut was, he remembered us and was happy we made it back every year :thumbsup: It will be a sad year this year without that welcome

Yes....Especially the meet being on Father's Day weekend.

Last edited:
I have a question but man hard to jump in here after reading back. Sorry to hear about there loss. Can we all sign the 1 registration form? Thought yes cause total # ppl etc... Looks like our teenagers are too koool to come. Also any word on what the shirts are gonna look like? tie dye makes me lok fat er...lol

Last edited: