Alsport survivor score

I was cleaning up the other front fender today and started to uncover a name on this fender also. I was hoping it said Bill Gates.:laugh: Looks like the name Clidinst. Could this be the Indianapolis star???

:bowdown:Really cool trike! And as usual your skills are amazing. The video is great and sometimes people with extraordinary abilities can't be captured fully on video.... Like being able to see through buildings for mini bikes and read through paint for rare signatures...
image.jpg
Thanks Karen for all you share on here, Seat order to follow shortly.

Really cool trike! And as usual your skills are amazing. The video is great and sometimes people with extraordinary abilities can't be captured fully on video.... Like being able to see through buildings for mini bikes and read through paint for rare signatures...
View attachment 89379
Thanks Karen for all you share on here, Seat order to follow shortly.

Karen did a great job bringing this trike back to rideable condition. The seat cover looks great. Brings you up out of the tub just enough to be comfortable to ride. I fit great in it and like it better than my wards trike. The engine is a 5hp bring gigs with a little work done. 30 series comet tc plate. This combo is just the right amount of power to cruise around. The fender and tub were repaired good as well. It's not an nos body but definitely in great rider shape. I say again that Karen did a great job.

Attachments

Sounds like congrat's are in order Karl...I thought y'all were joking around. Glad you got it !

Karen, question, when you attached the fiberglass body to the frame, did you use any sort of rubber padding to protect the fiberglass from damage by the mounting hardware...or would anything other than what I'll call 'solid fastening' lead to movement and more damage.... ? (I'm still trying to figure this out on ours).

I was going to pm you this, but figured others may have similar questions, or experience.

Thanks... !

I have noticed that every bucket I see is cracked on the bottom. When I repaired the bottom of my bucket, I kept laying the strips of glass in different directions. I did cut up a old inner tube and wrapped it around the bottom of the frame where the bucket sits.:thumbsup: Probably not a bad idea to put some rubber tube where the 4 bolts hold the tub on. I did use some bigger washers. That's a good idea Robert.:thumbsup:

Thank you Karen.

I'd used a cut up inner tube too, but am still experiencing cracking issues from the hardware.

I wonder what method was used in the factory when new...?

Rick had suggested thicker rubber, like mudflap thick.

Probably going to try that.

Thanks...!

From the dozens of trikes I took apart, What I always found on machines I thought were original were round rubber washer type pieces that went in between the body and the frame. When I get home tonight I will try and look at my SL. Every body I redid, no matter what I used, cracked right around those bolt holes! I think anything to try and cushion and strength that area could not be a bad idea.