Newbie Here From Michigan

I am looking for advice on building up my predator 212 old style 6.5 hp powered go cart. I dont want to get into to many internals but I'd like to start with some bolt on work. I am looking for advice and help on what parts to use . I came up with the following so far:

Air filter Adapter ($14.00) :
affordablegokarts: Air Filter Adapter fits Predator
This adapter allows you to use one of our high flow (2 7/16" or 2 1/2") air filters on your Predator. Fits both 212cc Predator engines (new and old).

Carb Stud to use filter adapter ($1.55) :
affordablegokarts: Carburetor Stud
The 212cc Predator has one short stud and one standard length stud. Replace the short stud on the 212 with this stud to allow the use of an air filter adapter. Fits both 212cc Predator engines (new and old).

Uni Dual Layer Air Filter ($16.00):
affordablegokarts: Air Filter, UNI Dual Layer

Candy Cane Header, Two Stage With Muffler ($57.00):
affordablegokarts: Candy Cane Header, Two Stage With Muffler

Header brace ($5.50):
affordablegokarts: Header Brace

Walbro Fuel Pump ($22):
Fuel Pump, Walbro, Round, Rebuildable

Cover, Valve with Pulse Fitting & Nipple, 4 Bolt, GX200 (GX160), 6.5 Clones, & 212 Predator (old Style)s ($18)

Oil Plug / Fill Cap, Magnetic, Clone & Predator ($24.00): Oil Plug / Fill Cap, Magnetic, Clone & Predator

Vent Tube Breather Kit ($15.50):
affordablegokarts: Vent Tube Breather Kit

Emulsion Tube GX140, aftermarket $7.00
Emulsion Tube GX140, aftermarket

What size jet would I need?

Also my throttle is sticking alittle under full throttle, any suggestions on fixing this or is there a upgrade?

My cart is belt driven instead of chain so Im not sure if thats good or bad but I am looking to make this faster and reliable running.

Also if anyone knows where i can buy cart seats and tires for dirt that would be great.

Thanks in advance im sure ill have more questions.

I know very little on the advise you're seeking, but it sounds like fun stuff.

Let me take this opportunity to say welcome to Old Mini Bikes. Technical advise for your application will be answered by experts soon.

-Doug

There are lots of places to buy affordable tires. What size tires are you looking to buy? I have an older clone that is fairly modified. I think you'll be disappointed with what you're buying. This will certainly help, but you must keep in mind that you're running a single speed with a limit of around 3600 rpms. If you're looking for a dramatic increase in top speed, you can change the gearing a bit. This will result in a loss at lower rpm range. If you want to go fast, you have to spend money. A flywheel and rod will allow you to increase your rpms to closer to 6000 rpms. Your stock valve springs will probably make your valves float a little before 6000. 18 or 22lb springs are very affordable. A new cam will allow you to increase your rpms even more. You need to do the math and see what kind of speed is possible. Use the speed calculator on AGK to see what you can do at different rpm ranges. This will tell you how fast you can go at certain rpms.
As for the items you have above, I would say get the breather kit for the motor here at the OldMiniBikes warehouse. A header will also help some. I bet a 39 jet will work for you. I think they come stock with a 36, but I'm probably wrong. Somebody on here will know for sure. I wouldn't waste my time with a fuel pump yet. The oilfill magnet is a good idea, but not needed. I am running an RLV muffler, and I love it. Are you running it around a neighborhood? If so, you might want to go with one to keep the neighbors happy.
Digging into these engines is a fun and easy weekend project. Keep youtube handy. There are a lot of how to videos there. You will probably only need basic tools to do all of the major overhauls. The items you have listed will take very little time to install, and even less time to find that you are already wanting more...perhaps before the day is over.
Post up some pics of your project, and good luck. You may need to pick up a second job. This stuff is addictive!

Thanks. I need 14.5/70-6 I think they are. I already am bit by the mod bug. I just bought a jet kit, predator air filter kit and weiner pipe with muffler from OldMiniBikes. :scooter:

I forgot to mention my kids ride this also so I have to governor it for now. I just wanted to start with bolt on until they get the hang of it and then we will continue to modify into the internals. We will be posting photos of our build here for everyone to enjoy.

Hey Mikart231! Welcome to the forum. Here's a Project Log I did for light engine mods on my minibike (intakes/air filter/header) plus some other cool stuff. Learned most of it off this site. I got most stuff right off OldMiniBikes, price is right and bullet proof 2 day shipping. Pretty cool, good luck:thumbsup:

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/p...s-classic-OldMiniBikes-predator-upgrades.html
I read that you had a throttle pullback being weak, and/or sticking, that is not returning to zero when you let go of the throttle. I am having a similar issue do you think you can walk me through how to fix this like you did?

Also I wanna do a oil change any suggestions on what type of oil and i thought about using a turkey baster to change the oil or is there a easier way?

:confused: