Recent content by Brettm57

1. B

Rupp scrambler

Is this bike still available, and what town in PA are you located?
  2. B

Rupp mini bikes and parts

I have three Rupp mini bikes: two 1971 Enduros and one 1970 Enduro. I bought these as a restoration project but have lost interest. None of these bikes have the correct engine but one does have a 4 hp Tecumseh, one has a 5hp Tecumseh and the other has a 5hp Craftsman engine. I was going to...
  3. B

Header for Predator in Rupp Enduro?

I'm repowering a '71 Rupp Enduro With a Predator engine and would like to find a header that will bolt up to this combination with no modifications needed. Is there such a thing out there? Thanks.
  4. B

Lacing spokes on Rupp wheels - advice?

Thanks a lot for all of the input guys. I might go with the straw tip and leave them together - good idea! Otherwise, I got a couple of extra wheels with the deal, maybe I'll play around with one of those first. I'll let you know how it all works out. Thanks again!
  5. B

Lacing spokes on Rupp wheels - advice?

The wheels on my Rupp Enduros (12") are in pretty rough shape. The chrome is almost completely gone. For a low-budget fix I'm thinking about removing all the spokes, glass bead the rims, and paint them black. The problem is I'm afraid that pulling all the spokes and re-installing them again...
  6. B

TAV drive on Predator - any issues?

Thanks for the info guys! I'll have to look for those videos next.
  7. B

TAV drive on Predator - any issues?

I'm going to be rebuilding a couple of Rupp Enduros over the winter, and thinking about re-powering them both with Predator engines. I want to keep the TAV type drive on them. Has anyone else done this conversion, and if so did you run into any problems doing it? Thanks.
  8. B

Torque converter center-to-center distance on '72 Rupp Enduro?

Can someone tell me what the torque converter center-to-center measurement should be on a '72 Rupp Enduro? This bike has had an engine swap from an HS Series to an H series and I want to make sure that the new engine was mounted the proper distance from the driven clutch. Thanks.
  9. B

HS50 conversion

Joe51, do you have a picture that shows the rest of the governor linkage? I'm working on an HS50 in a Rupp and I think I need one of those to hook up the throttle.
  10. B

What kind of minibiker are you?

Number 5 right now but hope to be a number 3 by spring.:thumbsup:
  11. B

'72 Rupp with sloppy swingarm - how to fix?

Nope. Mine is the one where the swingarm mounts off the back of the engine mount. I'd like to fix mine with bronze bushings and put a grease fitting in it if I could. I'm still mulling around some ideas....
  12. B

I thought of that idea after I posted my message. I'm thinking I can install new bushings in the swingarm, make a couple of washers from round stock with the right size hole (3/8"?), put the whole thing back together with the washers outside of the frame, line up the swingarm with the frame...
  13. B

I'm working on a '72 Rupp Enduro, and the holes in the frame where the swingarm bolt goes are slightly egg-shaped, letting the swingarm move from side-to-side. I see that the swingarm bushings have a jagged edge that I assume is to bite into the inner edge of the frame and help keep the...