What kind of minibiker are you?

Simple question maybe not worded right but it was catchy so here we go. Several types IMO and I'll list em in order of where I feel each falls, hope nobody is offended by this order but it's my thread and my opinion.:pimp:

1. The serious Hobbyist who has a dozen minibikes more or less but none overly restored or too nice to ride. This guy/gal will have some very nice bikes from survivors and novice restored to rider quality bikes and a few to thrash on and will buy a minibike to save it even if it makes no sense. This person generally buys and sell a lot of bikes and parts.

2. The Collector/serious Hobbyist who has many pillow queens but more to preserve pristine examples for future generations than to really hoard em and this collector also have nice riders and some riders they can thrash on. Some are called hoarders because they are and some poked fun at for never putting fluids in a restored bike but it's their choice, I ain't mad at any of em though.

3. The guy/gal who has one or two nice riders and a couple to thrash on and buys a few when they can and will eventually be like #1 & #2.

4. The guy/gal who only has pillow queens and looks down his/her nose at us who drive rat bikes and anything less than restored and 100% correct.

5. The guy/gal who wants into the hobby and comes on here and hopefully gets treated well who will help to grow the hobby and find their place in the other brackets.:thumbsup:

That said I respect em all, because they all have their roles to play and it all trickles down. I see myself as the first kind of hobbyist listed always and do not see myself changing that. We should all grow and promote the hobby when possible if we truly love it which I do.:thumbsup:

Number two. Serious restorer whose primary purpose is to do 100% accurate restorations on Fox Campus minibikes for the purpose of preserving this "early pioneer" which played a significant role in the early development of the minibike. Ogy

I guess I don't know where I fit in, I seem to be more of a unfinished horder of mini bikes and other things with motors. I only have ever finished one bike, and never get to ride it. But I sure buy a lot of stuff to fill my garage. :doah:

george3

Number two. Serious restorer whose primary purpose is to do 100% accurate restorations on Fox Campus minibikes for the purpose of preserving this "early pioneer" which played a significant role in the early development of the minibike. Ogy
I knew that was comming. Fits you to the tee. Really nice bikes.

george3

4. The guy/gal who only has pillow queens and looks down his/her nose at us who drive rat bikes and anything less than restored and 100% correct.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I am more of the number 1 guy. I cant just look at them. Ride them when I can. Spend most of my time working on them. Much more on other guys bikes and never seem to have time for my own.

MB165

number 3 fits me best. i dont think ill morpth to a one or two though.
i ride em, and dont really cut them any slack,but i keep them in perfect running order.

theres one exeption, i will restore and keep a bearcat twister for my son one of these days.

I guess #5 would describe me pretty well if you add that it's currently all about the ride, not what is ridden. I respect the guys who take time to preserve history, but i'd rather be playing in the dirt at this stage. I am attracted by the simplicity of these contraptions. The fact that there isn't much on one that I can't fix is appealing.

#1 I suppose. I'll never restore anything, but I like to think I've built some nice riders. When I get them done, they're (pillow) queens for a day and then we ride the crap out of them and I have yet to touch up any paint on a single bike. I sure do seem to have "collected" more than I ever set out to and I'm no where near done yet. :eek:ut:

45t

Number 1 for me. I like to build them more than ride them at this point. I think as my kids get older and more comfortable at riding on thier own that may change.