Search results

1. S

I'm back...

Some may remember me, some may not, but either way I'm back after 3 months. Got a new job and relocated 800 miles, had to leave the minibike and many other things behind for a few months. But... I got the Doodlebug back!!! Few more things to do to it to get it on the road though.
  2. S

Mikuni Jet questions

I've got a 24mm Mikuni on my 6.5 clone. It came with a 90 main jet. First off, I've read that mikuni uses a different jet numbering system. Can anybody produce a chart of common mikuni jet sizes with their respective orifice diameter? Or, if not, can somebody tell me the formula...
  3. S

Made a spring loaded chain tensioner for the DB

Made it out of the kickstand :hack::grind::weld:(which was torched off for ground clearance a while back.) Everything is part of the kickstand except for the piece of flat stock that the tensioner is on. When this wheel pulley gives out, I'll probably get some skateboard wheels and do that...
  4. S

Doodlebug racing video...

Here it is, me and my buddy raced our doodlbugs. Specs below. I'm trying to talk him into joining... he says he will, we'll see. YouTube - Slow5oh vs. Skeeveman - Doodlebug Racing Event #1 Slow5oh: 2009 DB30 6.5 GX200 Clone No Governor Custom Header Modified Stock Carb Modified...
  5. S

Project in progress

I've talked about the doodlebug projects we have going on here, but I thought I might show what I'm doing with mine. It's far from finished now, once I get it all working right, tuned, and reliable, I'm going to tear it apart, paint it, and reassemble it.
  6. S

Mikuni users... got a question

Is anybody using a mikuni on a 6.5 with a stock fuel tank, and not using a fuel pump? I'm having a few issues, and think it's a gravity feed problem with the fuel system.
  7. S

Clone tuning experts come inside!

Here's the deal, we've got 5 HF 6.5 clone motors on doodlebugs. All of them ran great before the governor removal. We removed the governor on 4 of them, and they seemed to run great, until they start making this violent bucking at low rpm, and lack overall power. If I put a fresh plug in it...
  8. S

stock jets...

I'm looking for some stock jets, does anybody know where I can get some? 70's is what I've got... But I drilled them out too big. I looked at ACR and AGK's websites with no luck.
  9. S

Drag racing doodles!!

I know it sounds crazy :out:, but has anybody here hooped up a doodlebug for 1/8 mile racing ( or perhaps the 1/4, though that's just asking for trouble!)? That's the plan here at least, got two months to build one up :hack:. We have a track day coming up for a car club I'm in. A buddy of...
  10. S

RLV Headers?

These things are dirt cheap at only 21 bucks a piece. Has anybody used them on the doodlebug with a 6.5 clone? The picture doesn't do it much justice, but it looks like it might fit. Maybe it's just wishful thinking... LARSEN Racing-Online Store Thanks, Jake
  11. S

New guy from Georgia...

Hey all, just thought I'd say whats up! Great to see this forum here full of minibikers, haha. Me, my brother, my old man, and my neighbor all have DB30's with 6.5 clones. Our initial plans were to play soccer on them, which we will be doing! I also have a buddy who is going to be getting in...