Search results

1. O

Cat mini bikes

Weld...yes, the best solution....but then they wouldn’t be "removable" as boasted in the H.P.E Cat catalog and ads. Why was that a feature to boast about? Maybe so you could fit the bike in the trunk of a car to transport to riding grounds?? I don't know. The cost of having chrome...
  2. O

Just found a pic of my dad on my old Go Kart

woops, I looked again and see that those aren't bare feet...lol
  3. O

how old are you?

I'll be 50 in two months. In the words of Sally O'Malley, I'll be able to say: "I'm 50, 50 years old" Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Sally O`Malley If I can keep from bashing the back of my head on the floor of my local roller rink, and aside from a recent onset of a variety of joint...
  4. O

Just found a pic of my dad on my old Go Kart

That's priceless. I love the bare feet. I always had to wear shoes when I rode my go-kart because my shoes were my brakes. My dad bought the primitive solid tire (non-pneumatic tires) kart sans brakes and equipped with a worn-out Clinton engine, which gave out shortly. When the kart...
  5. O

Cat mini bikes

I like those forks :scared: They remind me of riding my 400x when I was a kid while trying to "catch some air" over a small bump in the trail, snapping the two bolts holding the "removeable" handle bars on. I do recall that riding a mini-bike with a set of detached handle bars in your...
  6. O

1970/71 Azusa Recreational Components Catalog

1970/71 Azusa Catalog pages 21-40 of 40 total Heres the last half of the catalog.
  7. O

1970/71 Azusa Recreational Components Catalog

Here is the 1970/71 Azusa Recreational Components Catalog I scanned from front cover to back cover. There are 40 pages of full-size scans. that make you cry. Here is the first 20 pages (max pics allowed per post) including Cover and table of contents. Even though you can't get this...
  8. O

2 seater gokart I picked up

Do you have any idea what vintage/brand it is. Interesting how the steering linkage is below the frame and floor pan. I've been trying to find the one and only picture I have of my go kart I had back in 1968.
  9. O

1970/71 K&P MFG./Bug Products Flea Mini-Bike Literature

You're welcome guys. I'm happy to be able to give something back in exchange for what I've learned here so far, and I would just like to say that: Also, I just posted the K&P MFG Bug Go Kart section of the Catalog in the 'More than two wheels' section. Check out these badass vintage racing...
  10. O

1970/71 K&P MFG./Bug Products Kart Literature/Catalog

For you Kart guys. My dad ordered this catalog around 1970 and it was my "dream book" when I was kid. I also posted some Bug/Flea Mini-Bike stuff from the same catalog here...
  11. O

Here you go Flea fans Here you go guys. I left the scans full size for max text and pic readability and since I noticed the site automatically resizes them so it doesn't mess with thread page width..a cool feature btw. The kart stuff has some really baddazz karts .. where should I post...
  12. O

I found my childhood “dream books/catalogues” and am in the process of scanning them to post here for you guys if that’s OK with site admin. They are the 1970/71 K&P/Bug Products Kart and Mini-bike Catalogue and a 35 page Azusa Recreational Vehicle Component Catalogue. I’m almost done...
  13. O

Mini-bike on Dumb & Dumber ...who knows...

what brand bike that is? This has probably been discussed here before but.... The mini-bike scene in the movie Dumb & Dumber is one of my fav parts of that movie - does anyone know what brand mini-bike they are riding? It looks like it might have an Azusa 3-spoke mag type wheel on the...
  14. O

Introduction - and Cat mini-bike questions..

Yep, a Dana 60 from a 1969 Ford F-100 with 5-lug semi-float axles. No aftermarket axles or parts of any kind and no failures of any kind with hundreds of low 11 second/high 10 second passes. Axle flange-to-flange measurement on this truck unit was only 3/8" wider than the stock Firebird...
  15. O

Thanks Dodge for the info - I appreciate the offer and I may look you up on a sprocket. The seat man sounds like the way to go - what's a ball park figure on a seat. It's early in my search but I haven't been able to find my front axle and nuts (for the mini-bike :wink:) so I'll check...
  16. O

That's interesting, what's in the building now?. In 1967/68 I lived in Colton on Mt Vernon Ave between E Lemon and E Olive. That was the house I lived in when my dad was sent to Vietnam (Danang AB) for a year from Oct 67 to Oct 68. I was 7-8 years old and I remember seeing him off the day he...
  17. O

The hood emblem was a gift from an old boss of mine; he picked it up at a swap meet. Should I put it on my 68 Firebird..lol..the underside contour actually fits the hood contour perfectly (side profile). I've only owned one classic pontiac and that is the 68 Firebird which was my first...
  18. O

So they were pretty diversified. OK "INJUNTOM".....err, uhh, "Pontiac Guy". I purposefully took the pictures of my Cat right in front of that 47 Pontiac hood emblem to get you're attention. I thought it might pique your curiosity. I do believe we have other interests in common.
  19. O

Wow..now you got me looking at my Christmas tree box. You really think that is the same company? Anyways here are some pictures of its current state. What you see is all I have but the main components are there. Many of the parts that are needed and/or missing are parts that are usually...
  20. O

Yes thanks, but I missed a few of those somehow. Based on the 1970 ad/s in the thread you linked, mine matches the red 400X, except mine is not red, but gold. So I suppose the numbers on the engine plate are a serial number or possibly a part number for the engine plate. I just dug out...