Search results

1. B

6.5hp dirt bug/doodlebug $250 (CT)

-Rebuilt 196cc motor from a baja warrior -Governor removed -Custom exhaust -Moroso Ultra 40 race wire -Brand new max torque 12T clutch 3/4" bore. -PMR billet motor mount adapter. -New Carlisle Turf Saver II tires 15x6.00-6NHS -Honda Fuel tank -Engine has a 12V coil under the flywheel that will...
  2. B

rupp throttle linkage help!

i got this from someone to fix and i need help. its a rupp with a briggs, i dont know anything else. the numbers on the engine are 100202 401069 6211151 it runs on choke with the adjustments very rich. i assume this is an air leak. assuming i can fix that with new gaskets, i just need a...
  3. B

doodlebug chain strength?

i got a doodlebug and i want to put my 6.5 clone in it with a comet TC. would the #35 chain hold up? i ride off road and im a little worried that the torque would break my chain. if you guys suggest upgrading to #40/41/420 chain what sprocket should i get? thanks!
  4. B

Baja Dirt bug project

i was out riding with my go kart with some kids today and everyone wanted to buy the go kart but they didnt have money. my friend had a baja dirt bug that was beat up and $20. i took it. its a fair trade because the go kart had a bent axle (told him) and the motor was having some problems with...
  5. B

No more riding for me.

anyone know of trails around hartford CT area? this happened this morning as i was out for a ride to the usual dirt road across the street..... getting busted by the cops - YouTube
  6. B

my new toy! kawasaki 3 wheeler

may be the best $80 ever spent...... 1985 KLT160 snow removal - YouTube
  7. B

Greyhound engine $60 (hartford CT area)

6.5HP Honda Clone engine 196cc Greyhound i was holding onto it in case i got a machine to put it on. but i need more funds so it has to go.
  8. B

Baja Warrior Rebuild

got this thing in april 2011. its a 2006 warrior. i rode the poo out of it. heres the old motor. new engine. not done painting all of it yet. still need some parts that shipping is taking forever... i want to redesign the front end. it looks kind of crappy and...
  9. B

ID tecumseh engine?

vertical shaft. on a old cub cadet that i know nothing about. the engine has points and condenser. i think it is a 1" PTO but it may be 7/8", ill have to confirm that. got it for free, score :thumbsup: dates on pics are wrong, i took them today.
  10. B

23mm muniki on Baja Warrior, my worries

im looking to upgrade many engine parts. i may get a bigger carb. my concern is that whatever manifold i get will either hit the frame, or stick out too far. IF I FALL on the right side of the bike, my air filter would be toast, or even crack the manifold off. i have a k&n style filter...
  11. B

home made 3 speed go kart

1978 8hp briggs and stratton vertical shaft, and 3 speed foote transmission. 18" carlisle rear tires and vintage 15" ribbed sears front tires. the frame is a home made off craigslist (modded by me). engine and trans came from a really nice guy name Randy. i plan on using a centrifugal belt...
  12. B

Comet 30 on a Baja Warrior= AWESOME!

just got the 30 series on today. and man is it great.... ill take a better video tomorrow. Baja Warrior night ride- with comet 30 series - YouTube
  13. B

anyone put a bike engine into a mini baja?

im thinking of doing this over the winter. using a 125cc 4 speed lifan engine. why? because last weekend i rode a yamaha YZ125 and it was BOSS. ive never gone that fast on a bike... nor ride a wheelie at like.... 60 miles an hour.... :laugh: oh and the bikes so huge i could barely put my...
  14. B

tecumseh HM80 backfiring really bad...

so i got a new crank for the tecumseh i messed up..... :thumbsup: i cleaned it all up and decided to upgrade the points to a sten's electronic ignition. after the first run the flywheel key sheared in a massive backfire that almost hit me in the face..... and i know i need a gas cap...
  15. B

Baja Warrior engine swap... Tecumseh HM80

so today i traded a briggs pull start and a used electric starter for a running tecumseh HM80. w/o gas tank, but it ran. the first thing i did to it was put some gas into the spark plug hole and pressed the button, and it fired right up. so i jerry rigged on a 8hp briggs tank and it ran off...
  16. B

are the H60 and HM80 shafts interchangeable?

i traded a briggs electric starter and pull start today for a running tecumseh HM80. it came off a snowblower and has the throttle hooked up for a cable! score! im probably going to put it on my baja warrior to replace that chinese engine... but i already have a few 3/4 shaft clutches...
  17. B

the new DB 30, worth it or POS?

ive been looking for a good mini bike for the past.... long time :laugh: my budget is going to be no more than $350. so, is the DB30 (new version) a piece of junk? it seems like there is much more plastic and less metal. also the frame design isnt as good as the old one IMO. but i have...
  18. B

Please Help ID Clutch

hey guys, found this clutch on ebay for $20, its 3/4" and #40/41/420 chain... i have no clue what it is but there is no other deal like that anywhere else! i took it apart to check if it was oiled, and it wasnt, so i oiled it.
  19. B

will it be okay?

this NEW - COMET PULLEY CLUTCH 1" BORE 3" PULLEY P/N 255-091 - eBay (item 310292325741 end time Mar-01-11 12:56:35 PST) on a 13.5hp briggs. i know its 3.5hp over spec but is that close enough? its just so cheap!
  20. B

home made bike clanks when i accelerate

hard to hear in the vid, but if you really listen, you can hear it. once the clanks stop it makes that whirr noise. any help appreciated. im pretty stumped. :shrug: my friend and i made a second bike similar to this, same engine, wheels, sprockets, clutch, etc, just a different...