Search results

1. W

Misc Parts "All or Nothing"

I'm selling off some parts that are laying around my garage doing nothing. This is a "All-or-Nothing" sale. Just one price for all the parts. I don't have the time to sell off individually. Everything for $60 which includes shipping to the lower 48 states. Payment by Pay-Pal. I'll answer PM's...
  2. W

Custom Arco in WA State

This ARCO was a great project that helped me keep my sanity through the winter months, but now I'm moving on to a bigger car project this spring that's gonna need major funding so.....this Arco is up for sale. The frame is a classic "ARCO" (Alexander-Reynolds) powered by a 5.5HP Tecumseh OHV...
  3. W

Need Schooling on Arco EZ Riders

Question: Are the "Arco EZ-Rider series" mini bikes identified by their wider, adjustable chopper handlebars -or- because of their chopper frame styling (or both)? My Arco had narrow handlebars that were non-adjustable. Mine is not a ez rider correct?
  4. W

5/8" Axle Bolts - Grade 8 or 5

I prefer to go with Grade 8 but I'm having trouble finding zinc coated grade 8 bolts in the sizes I need. At boltdepot.com they have 6", 7", 8", & 10". They skip over 9" and all 1/2" sizes in-between. Are 5/8" Grade 5 bolts strong enough to use for axle bolts?
  5. W

2 Stroke gearing (w) clutch on jackshaft ?

I recently picked up this little 2 stroke Kohler engine for a future project. There is really no good way to mount the clutch on the crankshaft on this motor, so I'm going to weld a sprocket onto a matching crankshaft plate and bolt it on. The clutch will be on the jackshaft. Now the gearing is...
  6. W

Power Products engine model # ?

I picked up this Power Products engine for next to nothing. It's seized right now but it has a good tank on top and nice engine mount so I got it for parts. Anybody know what model it is? It say's model # F-109 K on the flywheel cover, but I think that's actually the magneto part #?.?.
  7. W

identify this engine

Can anyone identify who make this engine and it's possible size? I'm having trouble on perspective of whether this engine is really huge or not (or even what it is)? Thanks for info or guesses. :thumbsup:
  8. W

Bonanza?

Saw this ad on Craigslist. A Bonanza? anyone? 1960's 1970's Go Kart Banaza OBO Bonaza Go Kart 60's 70's For Sale - $499.00 : Sandoval Corvettes
  9. W

Antique Engines in WA State

Some cool old stuff. antique small engine collection
  10. W

Wheels (Steel -vs- Aluminum)

I noticed my new aluminum Azusa Tri-star wheels are pretty lousy castings and don't spin very true. A poor quality sprocket makes things even worse. Anybody know how true these other "steel" wheel and/or hub assemblies are? Any experience using these wheels? AZ1037 - 6" 2 piece Steel Wheel...
  11. W

Need rear sprocket info for Tri-stars

I have a :censure: rear sprocket/drum assembly that I bought to put on my 6" Azusa Tri-Stars. Unfortunately, I don't want to use it because it's too "out of whack" and "not very true" with side to side -and- front to back wobbles. It's just like this sprocket/drum assembly that's riveted...
  12. W

Brake Drum Question

On this type brake drum, Is a bolt, stud, or rod simply inserted into the smaller hole to keep the brake plate from turning? It doesn't thread into anything does it? Just enters the hole a 1/2" or so to keep it from spinning? 4.5" Brake w/ Steel Baking Plate, 5/8" Bore az2270s azusa 2270s I'm...
  13. W

Kickstand Placement

So I'm wanting to weld in a kickstand on my project but the problem is....I don't have the wheels or tires yet. I wanted to get all the welding done and get this frame off to powdercoat but didn't want to place my "big parts order" which includes wheels and tires until after Christmas...
  14. W

powdercoating handlebars question

Question to anyone who has powdercoated handlebars..... Does the thickness of the powdercoat interfere with the throttle assembly from sliding and rotating smoothly on the handlebar? I have a used throttle that I was test fitting on some chrome bars and they slide smooth. On some enamel...
  15. W

ARCO Project

I'm starting this Arco project with just frame and forks. Estimated completion date: Jan or Feb 2012. This Arco won't be restored to "all original" condition but will be modified to fit my needs. I will be adding a Tecumseh 5.5 HP ohv rescued from a dead pressure washer. The original...
  16. W

Rear wheel size for ARCO

My ARCO frame is 7 1/2" wide between the rear dropouts. Then the frame narrows a little bit to around 7" as you go up near the fender bracket. Question is, Can I put the larger 4" wide Azusa Tri-Star (6 inch wheel) in this frame? I'm planning on attaching a 72T sprocket/Internal brake hub...
  17. W

Garage Sale Find (2 Frames 2 Forks) What are they?

First frame with scrub brake and flat metal kickstand: Second Frame. Has a flat riveted tag on sheet metal on seat pan but is not readable. Also has a flat sheet metal welded on upper tubes which might not be original. First Forks with a raised diamond or superman logo on the plate...
  18. W

Azusa Frame Dimensions?

Can somebody give the the dimensions of a newer Azusa Frame (the length). If I could get approximately length of the top tube from end to end (outside of the bends) -and- the bottom tubes from the outside bend to the front edge of motor plate. Blue=? Yellow=? Thanks for any info!
  19. W

Frame Repair - Welding/Metallurgy Help!

I recently had new jackshaft/swingarm plates welded on my Bonanza frame. I used a threaded rod & nuts to keep everything parallel: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/51639-project-bare-bones-bonanza.html Problem: Unfortunately, Even though the spacing of the plates is parallel...
  20. W

Dancing A/F Mixture Screw 5.5 OHV

On my Tecumseh 5.5 OHV motor, the air/fuel mixture screw on the carb moves quite easily and frequently from the {{{ViBrAtIoNs}}} of the running motor. I thought that maybe it had a "spring-loaded" screw that would keep tension on the screw but there is no spring -and- the small engine parts...