Search results

1. M

Replacing the hydraulic caliper

Hi, my HRMB hydraulic caliper failed today. It looks like I can get away with just a new caliper which includes new brake pads for $27+s/h. To replace the caliper.. I'm guessing i just need to unscrew the gold bolt going from the brake line to the caliper... then fill with new fluid and...
  2. M

Twist Throttle with Predator 212

Hi, ive been having an issue since upgrading the stock db30 engine for the predator 212. To max out the throttle on the predator engine I have to twist the stock db30 throttle much farther and i think beyond what it is meant to be twisted. It has gotten stuck a couple times halfway down when...
  3. M

What Extra Parts Are needed to Install Predator on a DB

I have an older style doodlebug and got a predator 212cc engine as a gift. I plan on getting the adjustable plate, a new clutch to fit the shaft. PMR Adjustable Motor Mount Kit http://shop.hotrodminibike.com/Max-Torque-Clutch-3-4-MT455.htm For the clutch, are people generally choosing the 12...
  4. M

db30 new carb tuning

Not sounding so good yet.. Db30 engine idle - YouTube I got a new carb off ebay from china.. it looks just like the stock one... is there just one screw to turn that adjusts it? See video... thats the best I can get it so far :( the strange noises sound like death. I rode down the...
  5. M

Dooblebug Silencing

Is there any replacement muffler for the doodlebug stock engine to make it more quiet? Is the predator engine a more quiet engine in stock form? Or are there better mufflers for that engine available? I want to ride more in the evening since its getting dark earlier, but I don't want to...
  6. M

Gas Leak - Doodlebug

So, I filled my Db30 with gas yesterday (full tank), rode for 3 miles and parked it in the garage. Woke up this morning to a very gassy garage. Doodlebug tank was empty and when I shoke the bike a little a few drops of stuff dripped from the air filter. I didnt have time to investigate...
  7. M

Doodlebug high pitched clutch noise

So I have a new clutch on my minibike and at the same time I have installed the jackshift kit. I put a few drops of oil on the new clutch bearing in case it comes dry from factory. Since its first start its been making a high pitch noise when the bike is going very slow or still. If i...
  8. M

cannot remove doodlebug clutch

I am trying to install the jackshift kit. I did get the bolt off in this is a newer style Doodlebug. I also took the snap ring of the clutch and remove the cover. Is there anything else that could be holding this clutch on? I don't see anything else no bulbs are hidden nuts or screws. I blasted...
  9. M

Proper Chain Tension (Video)

Can anyone tell from this video if this chain is too tight? This is how it was when I bought the thing. It seems tight, but when I ride I hear it clanking on all sorts of things. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VMxAA847Oo
  10. M

Doodlebug Brake Options

Hi, I bought a DB30 and right away there were no brakes when the lever was squeezed.. looking at the caliper it barely moved and it was either a case of no brakes or constant rubbing. I put my old bicycle caliper on because it had more travel, but I think this led to rotor overheating because...
  11. M

New Baja Racer - Questions

Hi, this is my first post. I just bought a Baja Racer for $140 and it is my first mini bike and I have a few questions. 1. Right off the bat im seeing it needs a new rear tire, and I am wondering what is a popular/cost effective way to get a new one. Looking for a specific...