Search results

1. B

Replacing Pickup tube

Trying to figure out the best way to replace the long pickup tube on this B&S carb. I tried a search on the web but couldn't find what I was looking for. Can I get a few suggestions from some of you please. Best Regards...…..
  2. B

Flathead Guides

I have a flathead that was rebuilt. In the process the guides were not replaced. Now I hear a lot of sounds like valve noise. Kind of like a solid cam in a v8. I suspect the guides may be worn. If memory serves me correctly the valves were not sloppy in the guides. My question is, how hard is it...
  3. B

Raptor Air Cleaner

For the past several weeks I been trying to figure out how to get an air cleaner to fit on the top of a raptor carb. If someone happens to know of one or where I can find one please let me know. I want to finish this bike so my Grandson can ride it this summer. I believe in clean air and clean...
  4. B

Doodlebug Slick

I could use some help here with a tire size. I want to put a slick on a Doodlebug minibike. I want to order one that looks good and gives me the most bang for the buck. If you can help please post tire size, brand and where you got it. A pic wouldn't be bad either. Thanks :thumbsup:
  5. B

5hp flathead carb

I was wondering if someone can tell me what size jet a stock pulse jet carb uses?
  6. B

Gaskets side cover

I'm trying to figure out this gasket set. By the way I hope I'm on the correct section! Anyway they give me two plastic gaskets and two paper. What order do they go on? Please help. Yes its me. I been gone for a long while for those who remember. Thanks Dennis:shrug:
  7. B

Spark Plug

I have a 5hp flathead I built a year ago or so ( see my posts). I remember I used a Comp Cam that was a little over stock and a # 46 jet for starters. I wanted to know a spark plug that would work best in this motor. I just took it out for spring and found out for some reason I was using an E3...
  8. B

Side Cover Bolt Size

I need to install a Heli coil on my 5 hp side cover. I need to know what size of coil would I need to use the stock bolt. Thanks
  9. B

Chain Tensioner

Chain tensioners on these Doodle Dirt bikes. I been trying to figure out how to adjust my chain tension, it seems no matter I adjust it the chain doesn't get any tighter. I took a couple of links out, I am trying to put a 5 hp Briggs on the frame with a OldMiniBikes mounting plate. Of course with the...
  10. B

Doodlebug problems ?

Every now and then I read on threads about Doodlebugs having problems and they should be removed from the market. I am talking about the older ones of course. I believe there is not enough data on the new ones.I really can't find definite reasons why. Does anyone know these reasons, or is it...
  11. B

Looking for a 94ss cam

:shrug:WTB 94ss cam new or one with little wear
  12. B

WTB Red Kote

If someone has a can they used and they want to sell it please let me know. I see they sell quarts and that is way to much to seal a Briggs 3 quart tank. I'm only going to let it sit like you are. I need some or enough to seal a tank stated above, so let me know. Thank you :deal:
  13. B

Wtb red kote

I am looking to buy a used can off red Kote Sealer. If anyone bought a can and is done with it let me know. I don't want to buy a new quart to cote one 3 quart tank. :deal:
  14. B

RLV Chain

I was wondering if a regular chain cutter will cut RLV chain. The reason I am asking is because The chain has a different physical make up then regular say # 35 minibike chain says the manufacture? And I am going to need probably 140 links for my Doodlebug with a 5hp Briggs and 12 tooth clutch...
  15. B

Tank Sealer

:confused1: Somewhere on this forum I read of this stuff to seal a gas tank. My Briggs I just discovered a leak while putting the engine together. It is a 5 hp. tank by the way. Anyway what is this stuff called :shrug: Where do I get some......
  16. B

Briggs Piston

I am just curious, I see on e-bay people selling pistons that say will fit 3.5 or 5 hp. engines, I always thought the 5hp piston was a monster compared to their smaller engines. Hence people use the 5hp. for racing. Am I correct in assuming they are full of :censure: here. Please advise......
  17. B

Valve Keepers

:censure: I been trying to get these keepers on these valves. The _ _ _ n things won't stay on the bottom of the valve. Mind you all that I am old school, don't have a lot of those fancy dan tools to do a job maybe a couple of times in my life! Anyone else like me, can give a few...
  18. B

Calculating cams

I have a cam that I would like to know the full lift and duration. Need to know if I should order duel springs or go with heavier stockers. The lift and duration is as follows: Intake @ .050 is 100.75 / 214.3 Exhaust @ .050 is 109.75 / 211.1 Don't they just tell you the lift anymore instead...
  19. B

Banging Raptor

You know I had a lot of fun with this used raptor I bought. (see trying to find numbers on my Raptor... Briggs and Stratton section). I have learned never buy a used motor unless it's on a snow plow or rototiller :censure: ! Anyway fired it up and to my surprise it is banging like crazy...
  20. B

Tillitson HL 338 to Raptor

I have a Tillitson HL 338 I got with this new Raptor motor I bought. Motor is cool (brand new). I haven't worked on these things in years. Anyway I need some information on how to hook this thing up . Regarding fuel line, throttle, fuel mixture etc. A diagram would really help or just explain. I...