100 dollar kart runs great

PS, theres a seat that goes to it too but isn't pictured

and it's in Olivet MI :laugh:

It's gonna be 200 on craigslist.. :laugh: The Turdburglar Kart i built for Bens kids.. Now he's got drama and not looking for go karts.. :laugh: So I guess it's for sale.. Briggs 3.5 shorty shaft but is rocking a North American clutch so the shaft length don't matter.. Governor works perfect, brakes, steering, tires all good.. Pretty nice little rig.. LITTLE rig.. made for kids...

It's sporting Manco 6 inch Dingo wheels in the front but will include the bald tired originals, rear tires were rotated.. I put quit e a bit of effort into getting the drive wheel and sprocket all trued up.. I have some time invested but after it's all done.. the thing works and operates perfectly for a beginner Kart..

I drove this gokart 9 miles ONE WAY to a buddies place, got all buzzed up, drove it back home.. Never had a single issue.. I even purposely took hot laps around the cemetary TRYING to either roll over and or break the Kart ( stress testing) to find it is very stable and works good...

All in all, gets the TRK seal of approval.. GREAT little Kart for little kids... Or undo the governor and it's a scary fast little racer...

100 bucks cash to OldMiniBikes members.. :laugh:

Last edited:
I drove this gokart 9 miles ONE WAY to a buddies place, got all buzzed up, drove it back home.. Never had a single issue.. I even purposely took hot laps around the cemetary TRYING to either roll over and or break the Kart ( stress testing) to find it is very stable and works good...
TRK,
YOU CRACK ME UP WITH THOSE DAMN STORIES BROTHA!!! LMFAO:biggrin:

My cousin and I just got a kart exactly like that one with a 5 hp briggs on it for FREE; all it needs is a clutch, throttle cable, and probably brakes. :thumbsup:

Anyone know what this kart is called? Ours looks exactly the same, and has that shitty metal pad "brake" that rubs the tire.

Mac

That kart looks like it's made with square tubing.
A bolt-together kit.
I have one in the shed that bolts together.
Got Bird Engineering brake setup on it,
so it's probably a Bird.

maddcarson

yard karts are fun man. i had one with a ungoverned 3.5 and it would fly! too bad your in michigan

imagine that with a blockzilla!!!:thumbsup:

Why are all the good deals in Michigan!!!:doah:
Because there has always been a lot of engineering, automotive, farming, and basic industry in and around michigan.. Not SO stringent polution laws... So tons and tons of crap ends up here.. PLUS Michigan is the brokest joke going and everyone wants pop tarts over go karts... :laugh:

My cousin and I just got a kart exactly like that one with a 5 hp briggs on it for FREE; all it needs is a clutch, throttle cable, and probably brakes. :thumbsup:

Anyone know what this kart is called? Ours looks exactly the same, and has that shitty metal pad "brake" that rubs the tire.
I am not sure.. I was gonna post a "what is it" and see what people thought.. You still could with yours.. :thumbsup: I know it's old by the the OLD ass Good Year kart tires on it, and just the way it's built.. It's an obvious kit too because of the way everything fits together perfectly, all factory made bends, holes, welds.. PLUS the thing falls apart with 10 bolts and stacks neatly into a box...

That kart looks like it's made with square tubing.
A bolt-together kit.
I have one in the shed that bolts together.
Got Bird Engineering brake setup on it,
so it's probably a Bird.
Yes, one inch square tubing, really well built little kit.. Meant to be shipped and assembled... The tires and wheels are the obviously old factor...

Bird??? :doah: I didn't put a high enough price on it did I? :doah: The buddy I drove it to's place bought the Funderbird body off from me.. He's wanting something JUST like this thing to chop and fab a Kart for his body out of too.. :lol:

New high price!!!

Ep.. See what ya done? :laugh: Pissed around too long.. Now I have more time and parts in it.. It's just gonna cost ya more.. :laugh:

Probably go to the auction block now, if not Ducktucky garage sale days..

BRAND new chain..

Went through all the wheel bearings, either tight and or new..

Replaced the two bald tires with period correct really nice Tawian Kenda Saw Teef tires, back onto the original rims..

Made a new cool chain guard from that hammered aluminum stuff from a walk in cooler

even awesomer seat back from the same stuff.. Then recovered the seat in Treebark cammo (like the other guys did :laugh: )

All new (whats laying around??) paint job.. Dollar store black with Rustolem aluminum wheels.. Red for stop, green for go pedals.. Not prepped very well.. :laugh: Quicky but looks good I guess...

It's 150 FIRM to OldMiniBikes now.. Prolly throw 250 on it at Ducktucky.. :hammer:

Yeah the pics suck.. I'll replace em later.. :hammer: