1963 Bonanza.....

Got a hold of this complete original '63 BC1200... I'm just going to clean it, not "restore" it..
Since they built karts first and used these same badges, I'm going to guess that this is one of the first bikes that they produced....

Attachments

Nice find Scoot, I would also leave it as is:thumbsup:
Hell yeah, if it runs rides and stops you are golden. Seat even looks fine, nice score.:thumbsup: And if you find yourself needing a 63 3hp for a rebuild while this one propels you I have two good running 63s and one is a 3/4" shaft.

No, they probably renamed the 1200 later on.
Possable, but they do make mistakes on Brochures
Probably didn't even have a swing arm bike when this was made. I'm sticking to what I said about renaming the 1200 later on. Yes they do make mistakes on brochures.:thumbsup: Good night again George !
OK...Here's my take on this.... Earliest Ads and articles for bikes that I've seen are '63. They were all this style.
They built Karts first , I beleive they started in '60. Read what it says on that tag versus the later style tag. The tag on this bike is 2633. I beleive that would make this appx. their 2633rd "product" since the start of the company. Since they had built several karts first, I think this is one of the first bikes they built. In '63 this bike was designated as a 1200. In the later series the 1200 would have had a swing arm. The first bikes did not have the footpegs yet either... though the bar was there. No fender mounts either. Here is another article and it is simply labeled "the Bonanza" and estimate the speed a 50+mph with the WB610. More brochures that I have from that era list the WB580,610,820 as engine choices...and show fenders mounted like CAT fenders!!

Exactly what you said Scooterboy ! Yours is a 1200.
Later on when they came out with swing arm bikes, your 1200 became an 1100 with a rigid rear and the new 1200 was a swing arm bike.

Or something like that:doah::confused::eek:ut::laugh:
I also think that seat on your bike is longer than the ones we are use to seeing.

Last edited: