1966 Taco restoration, Briggs throttle cable help

Hello, first post here. I'm restoring a 1966 Taco Burrito. I need help with what I need to hook up the throttle cable to the carb linkage. The cable housing is clamped to the carb, but how do I hook up the actual cable? Thanks!

It sounds like you are going to run a throttle cable directly to the carburetor throttle plate and by pass the governor. Some of the old Briggs engines were rigged like that.

Look up GEM 1358 Throttle Swivel on Google or Ebay. If you use that piece, you will have to enlarge, or drill a hole in your throttle plate. If you are not using your governor, you will need a throttle return spring that goes between that Gem 1358 and your cable clamp. I believe I used spring #140 out of the Ace Hardware bin. I am retaining my governor, but I used the spring anyway.

Thanks for the response, I found one on ebay and ordered it, looks it will work perfect. Yeah, it had a return spring on it, hooked to a tab off of the carb. I'll just re use this set up, seems to work okay. Now the darn thing won't start unless I pour fuel down the carb!