1968 "Lil" Indian Outlaw Chopper

man thats gonna b sweet, what kinda engine is that?
It's a 3 hp. B&S, correct for this bike and also correct for a "Lil" Indian 600, but I have a nice complete 1960's? Tecumseh 5 hp. there's a small chance I may use instead, or maybe the 1971 7 hp. Tecumseh my dad bought brand new {on his snowblower}. Neither are "correct" for this bike though, but I have not made a decision how I'll be approaching this build, either stock or mild custom.

Last edited:
Nice looking frame, I love the lil indian chopper bikes. The 5hp Tec would look right at home, but if you get the 3hp running strong it will go pretty good. Good luck with the build. :thumbsup:

i would restore the 3hp and leave it off unless to use it in parades/mini bike shows and stuff, and use the 5 or 7 hp when just messing around on it...lol...

What we can decipher from that is that it ends in an 8.(you go by the 1st digit of the serial #) So we have to go by physical attributes like throttle assembly style, shroud & recoil style, etc....

That motor is almost certainly from 78' judging by the recoil style and throttle assembly.
Regardless....really nice !!!