1969 Rupp Sprint !

I was not looking to buy another minibike :shrug: when I did my every three hour or so search on my local Craigslist for "mini bike"........ :shrug:
I promise I wasn't .... :shrug:

But there it was .... the title in bold .... 1969 Rupp .... :eek:

I'm like "right, sure, ... "....just like every other mini out there, here's another one that thinks he's got a Rupp for sale !

When much to my surprise I click the link to see:

And I'm like ... oh gee ... posted 34 minutes ago ....
oh sh:censure::censure: I better act quick ... (sounds like somebody not planning to buy another minibike now..right ? )

Showed it to my wife ... who knows the word Rupp (thanks to Jamie1972 !), and she said are you going to call ?

Well I thought that was the go ahead right ? :shrug: ... you know blessed by the wife and all ... :shrug: :hammer: :laugh:

So, replied by email as it was the only method .... then waited ....

About 30 minutes later, there is the call ....

Hey man .... am I first in line .... yes .... now I'm really :scared:

So we start talking, and I tell him I'm a minibike guy and love anything old with motors, and tell him about my 7 mini bikes ...turns out he's into old stuff too, and has had a country store for a while, with this Sprint as a prop ... he's sold his store, and want's someone to have it who it means something to.

His asking price was $175 ... and I knew I'd not planned for that this week, so I made him a rediculously low offer that I didn't think at the time that he'd take .... of $125.

And he say's I'll do it....I want someone like you to have it !

Yee-Haa !!

So seeing as how I did not actually tell Amy that I was going to really buy it, I avoid her for a few hours ... but all good times must come to an end ... and she say's so did you hear back on the bike ?

Well I could not surpress the grin, and told her I'd bought it ... so now she's pi:censure::censure:ed .... oh well ..:doah:.. And I'm still grinning :thumbsup:

Just got back from the 60 mile ride up to Supply NC. Had a long conversation with the seller, and I think he'll be a new connection for old stuff. Then I cruised the 60 miles back to Myrtle Beach.

I got these 3 shots when I got back before the camera battery needed charged.

So for now, here's my new Sprint !

Thank you !

Last edited:
VERY VERY NICE FIND !!! :drool::drool::drool:
Good for you Robert!
Man, great find and story to go with it. :thumbsup:

How'd the couch sleep??:laugh:
Thanks Derek, Chad, Tom, and CFMan !

I am excited about it.

Couch felt pretty good !! .... waking up with a grin helped !! :laugh:

Running up to my Mom's in NC today, so am having to wait till tomorrow when I get back to get some better photos.

Got the foot pegs, and chain, and a few other bits that I'll get photos of too.

Thanks again Y'all !

Have a fun Saturday !