1973 Keystone Deluxe...Redo

Sorry Dave, I will only be painting tomorrow, but pics then. I was hoping to paint yesterday or today but I got called in to work. I work for the Resort Community of Alice Beach, and we had a big snow storm the last couple days so I have been stuck on a cab-less tractor woth a front-mount snowblower for 6hours straight both saturday and today. Not good if you want to be working in the nice warm shop. Oh well, you gotta pay for the minibike parts somehow, I'll get something done tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Well, I only got a 1/2 day of skool today so I am hoping to get everything primed at least. Yesterday I got some dents fixed up with some good ol bondo, and I got the swing arm rebuilt. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now, just alot of little stuff after this. Pics tonight. :thumbsup:

I finally got it painted. :thumbsup:

I polished up some more of the hardware as well then coated it, tomorrow I should be able get the frame back together and maybe even have a roller. :thumbsup:

125ccCrazy

looking really good Clayton...that's gonna be a sweet little bike...... the color looks close to what I put on the Wilder Goose.... sublime pearl....

looks good clay :thumbsup:

i like your paint stands
Thanks Yooper, the engine crane and latter work as good as anything for now. I wanna build one like Ed and SC have. :thumbsup:

Great color Clayton. Roller tomorrow? That would take me 2 months.:laugh:
Thanks Buck, yeah I don't think it will be a roller today, I am going to visit my grandmother instead, but maybe by the end of the week. :thumbsup:

looking really good Clayton...that's gonna be a sweet little bike...... the color looks close to what I put on the Wilder Goose.... sublime pearl....
Thanks Randi, your wilder goose is where I got the idea on the color from. :thumbsup:

Roller. :thumbsup:

I spent a couple hours in the shop after school and got built up to a roller. I got a few more odds and ends and then it will be time to mount the motor. I am thinking of using one of those I/C 3.5hp Briggs I have to give it more of a vintage look, but the 3.5hp Honda will work in the mean time. :thumbsup: I can't wait to finish up the 'Skeeter.

Thanks Yooper and Buck. :thumbsup: Ya the color turned out a bit different then what I thought but I think with the Astros it works, in person it is the same mopar lime green that those old roadrunners were, I am thinking about getting a dust trail strip like some of the old roadrunners had. :shrug: So it is a Campus you are getting Buck? you lucky guy, I can't wait to see some pics. :thumbsup:

125ccCrazy

That looks so good now... wow what a difference from when you started.... You should be really proud of what you have accomplished on this build...:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Looking great Clay , it gets better every time you re-incarnate it lol.
Ya some kind of black accent stripes would be cool
Thanks Rob. :thumbsup: I agree with you on the black accents, I will have to look around and see what I can find, maybe I'll try some air brushing on this one. :shrug:

That looks so good now... wow what a difference from when you started.... You should be really proud of what you have accomplished on this build...:thumbsup:
Thanks Randi. :thumbsup: I got a long ways to go before I'm building nice bikes like yours, but I'm happy with the learning, and re-doing.

How about this for a accent to got along the side? :shrug: It is the roadrunner dust trail decal that some plymouth roadrunners came with. The roadrunner would start somewhere up near the neck on the frame and the trial would extend to the end of the seat almost.