1975 Duster MX

Coming along sweet Dave. Is that just a bad angle for the pic on the decal? Can barely see the DusterMX wording. I have seen my decals on other bikes and it shows a lot brighter than what that pic is showing. :shrug:

LOL thanks guys. I hold off on the beer until after 9 AM, so I don't look like a drunk.

Trail, the words are obscured by the paint color and the lighting in the garage. I jumps out at you outdoors in the light.

Trail, the words are obscured by the paint color and the lighting in the garage. I jumps out at you outdoors in the light.

Good deal then. Now I can sleep at night. :laugh: Seriously though it had me a bit worried. Glad your good with them. :thumbsup: Carry on.

:censure::censure: and double :censure:! Rushed the paint job on the tins, runs all over. I tried to fix them. We'll see if they flatten. Had the gun shooting out too much paint, and I just didn't catch the high build in time. OldMiniBikes parts in, so maybe I can screw up something else.

All's well. Both runs are covered by other attaching members. Had it together, wondering if it had spark, barely pulled the cord and got the ship shopped out of me.

Had to bust it open again, as it was locking up sometimes. Gov was mis-keyed between the flyweights. I'll have it running tomorrow.

Take a deep breath, grab a beer (or 12) and reach for a smaller hammer. It's just minibikes. :wink:
Yep. :thumbsup: It has too much resistance with the plug in. Plug out, it spins freely. Gapped at .18, timed at .064, good spark, good fuel. Lash and end gap within limits. At the extreme ends, TDC and BDC is seems to hang up a bit, but my last one acted like that as well. I didn't measure journals, figuring it is what it is.

It looks very pretty, but I aint taking a photo till it runs. :hammer: I should have sent it and the paint to Evil Ed! :scooter:

Yep. :thumbsup: It has too much resistance with the plug in. Plug out, it spins freely. Gapped at .18, timed at .064, good spark, good fuel. Lash and end gap within limits. At the extreme ends, TDC and BDC is seems to hang up a bit, but my last one acted like that as well. I didn't measure journals, figuring it is what it is.

It looks very pretty, but I aint taking a photo till it runs. :hammer: I should have sent it and the paint to Evil Ed! :scooter:
I'm no engine guy but where you live you may have grains of sand in your muffler bearings. I here that's a big problem in the west. :smile:

I'm no engine guy but where you live you may have grains of sand in your muffler bearings. I here that's a big problem in the west. :smile:
Grains of sand in my brain! Just checked specs and I timed it for H35 at -065 when it's supposed to be timed at 035. I know what I'm doing tomorrow. :laugh:

Now that I actually read the book instead of that yellow scrap of paper from the last engine, I timed it to .035. Actually, I did this twice, because that brand new OEM Tecumseh points set had too much spring tension to close the points, and the cheap screw used to hole it together stripped. Replaced screw, oiled pivot point and felt, and retimed all of it.

I've had this engine together and apart four times since painting three days ago. It's painted the same color as the frame, but it is the original Tecumseh 4 that came with the bike.

I got that airfilter assembly in trade from a member here. I'll leave those details out in deference to something that member is doing with his bike. :detective:

I still need to find a Taylor muffler. Engine runs good, but I still need to adjust the carb some more. It likes to run fat, but with no throttle hooked up, I keep getting burned, so it's close enough for now. No smoke, easy start, I'm happy with how a basically junk engine came out. :shrug: