2 cycle Tecumseh

capguncowboy

What engine is it? Picture?

Make sure the shaft is the right size for a clutch. If it isn't, you'll have to mount a sprocket on the engine shaft and use a jackshaft with a clutch as the output sprocket

Make sure it has a decent HP rating, most I've seen were small displacement but you could have a larger displacement engine. I have a gold anodized shroud 2 stroke Tecumseh said to have come from a small snowthrower and it's like 3hp with not a lot of torque and has a small #35 clutch that's 5/8" bore. I thought of powering a bicycle push trailer or micro minibike with it but I probably will just look at it on the shelf forever. Mine has a 143 designation making it a Craftsman but made by Tecumseh.

Make sure it has a decent HP rating, most I've seen were small displacement but you could have a larger displacement engine. I have a gold anodized shroud 2 stroke Tecumseh said to have come from a small snowthrower and it's like 3hp with not a lot of torque and has a small #35 clutch that's 5/8" bore. I thought of powering a bicycle push trailer or micro minibike with it but I probably will just look at it on the shelf forever. Mine has a 143 designation making it a Craftsman but made by Tecumseh.

It's a 3 horse off a snow blower. I'll be running a jackshaft with some major gear reduction. Not looking to really go fast, it's a young kids bike.

Eric, so if you had to use that motor again knowing what you know now, would you do it?

Pat
Pat, It was strange ...this video was taking when the bike did not have brakes on it yet (new build chassis) plus it had a alky tillotson carb on it from one of our clone engines and it ran great. I decided since this was a Tec, 3hp 2 cycle nos engine all was good and ordered a new tilly off ebay , and it cranked and ran fine....but you let me get a 1/2 mile from my house and it would die and not crank back up...a push mobile :facepalm... I tried new points, condenser and spark plug....and it keep doing the same thing, I finally had enough and took it off and thru it on the shelf ...and its still there today.

In answer to your question...NO.

Last edited: