2016 Windber rides

My rule sheet said you could in the parade, just not on the grounds. Let's hope parents police their kids a little better this year....it can't be up to the Milhakos alone.
I hear 'ya Doc.....we'd better adopt some of these folks then...:shrug: :laugh:....because I didn't recall seeing any 'children' on trikes last year.....most of them were full grown adults....just sayin....:laugh:

My rule sheet said you could in the parade, just not on the grounds. Let's hope parents police their kids a little better this year....it can't be up to the Milhakos alone.
On a more serious note....I should have read my rules sheet closer, because I didn't catch the part about no trikes on the grounds.....

and here I am striving to put together a 'trike' I bought for my 6 and 12 year old to ride specifically at Windber...:doah:

They are just honing their skills, and are definately not ready to drive in the parade yet. I gotta figure this one out.

Jamie...awesome looking trike you got there !

Looking forward to seeing everyone :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I hear 'ya Doc.....we'd better adopt some of these folks then...:shrug: :laugh:....because I didn't recall seeing any 'children' on trikes last year.....most of them were full grown adults....just sayin....:laugh:
:doah:My bad, nope not on trikes...just mini dirt bikes that narrowly missed my camper way too many times (talk about about a high speed crash), and I hope people heed the ban on dirt bikes--they made a mess for the Milhakos, the family is doing us a good deed and we should respect their wishes/property.

:doah:My bad, nope not on trikes...just mini dirt bikes that narrowly missed my camper way too many times (talk about about a high speed crash), and I hope people heed the ban on dirt bikes--they made a mess for the Milhakos, the family is doing us a good deed and we should respect their wishes/property.
Hey...not at all Doc..:thumbsup:

I've got to locate the rules sheet now, and read it again, sounds like there is hope for the trikes ?

Regarding the Mihalko's....like Doc say's.....YES they are doing us so right....the whole mini bike community....we all do need to respect their wishes/property. :thumbsup:

Jeff usually doesn't mind the kids on trikes. Although, that one boy last year raced around the property non stop. I said something to him once and I know Jeff did also. Only takes "1" person to ruin it for everybody.

I think kids and trikes are fine and even adults and trikes are going to be ok. But on the property it will be headway speed only. No wake area. Trikes are a very comfortable ride on the Windber fields. I think I am leaving mine home this year mostly because of the room it takes up in the trailer. I am hoping to have my VT5, Mini Baja,Ratrod Bonanza and hopefully the Rupp I'm working on. The Rupp "BLUEWIDOW"..

Jamie1972

Eeeeeeuuuuuu........BlueWidow......nice..
I agree....
I think trikes will be just fine as long as everyone with one or otherwise respects the Mihalkos and there land during any weather condition....
Muddy or dry....

We are there to Cruz around not thrash...:scooter:

Jeff usually doesn't mind the kids on trikes. Although, that one boy last year raced around the property non stop. I said something to him once and I know Jeff did also. Only takes "1" person to ruin it for everybody.
Oh, and the one boy did ruin it....rewound the throttle at my camper for 8 hours straight up and back and up and back, and Jeff did talk to him and dad. Robert C--If you didn't get the orange mailer, you probably didn't see the requests by the Milhakos.

So here's one of my rides!

Oh, and the one boy did ruin it....rewound the throttle at my camper for 8 hours straight up and back and up and back, and Jeff did talk to him and dad. Robert C--If you didn't get the orange mailer, you probably didn't see the requests by the Milhakos.

So here's one of my rides!
I fidn't get an orange mailer either... Let's see it...

Since posting earlier today, we have a new Windber bike on it's way to being together.....

My children took their Cat250X roller I'd got for them, and mounted the motor, and the Manchester1 seat :thumbsup:

I've been wanting to do this with them for a while. They did it with minimal support from me, and I couldn't be prouder !
(I just supplied parts and tools...oh you know, and some advice here and there:anon.sml:)
Best time we've had in ages (IMO :laugh:)

Last edited:
Although I cant add to the thread I just wanted to comment on Roberts porch floor. I love them when they are done like that and you just cant find anybody around here that can still do them. I too have a CAT 250X but sadly at 6'2" Its a tad small....