2017 Build Off ..Just About Over !

I just wanted to say that its been another great year for the Build Off and I've totally enjoyed every minute of it. The talent and the skills just keep getting better year after year. But most of all there's been a lot of Old Mini Bikes saved and preserved for years to come.
Thanks to Drew and Vickie for hosting this event every year ! Bill and Pat for another smooth year of moderating this event and all the talented, mad skilled builders for entering this Build Off, Thanks Guys and I was just glad to be in it with you !
Hope everyone has a great rest of the year !
OND

KB2ROCKET

I am curious aprox. what percent of entrants that enter this contest actually finish on time? I ask this because one year I joined in and never finished and tonight im going to throw it away because it mocks me every time I walk by it LOL

^^well, I'm 2 for 2^^ Life does get in the way (or lack of parts).
Eric said it best--this was a great build-off again and thanks to everybody for playing nice and helping others out. Awesome builds by awesome builders!:thumbsup:

^^well, I'm 2 for 2^^ Life does get in the way (or lack of parts).
Eric said it best--this was a great build-off again and thanks to everybody for playing nice and helping others out. Awesome builds by awesome builders!:thumbsup:
I agree with Pete, life does some times get in the way :thumbsup: I too am 2 for 2 but I have entered 5 bikes in 3 build offs and only finished 2 :doah:

KB2ROCKET

Here is what's left of my build off failure ha ha it was going to be sort of a batman styled lay down luge that would be steered via over sized skateboard trucks sigh
ok it's in the trash hopefully some kid will take a liking to it

Last edited:
I'm 3 for 4. I still never finished last year's build off. My goal for the summer is to get as many half built bikes in my garage going as possible. They end up breaking and end up in the corner..lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

KB2ROCKET

When does the next one start , I missed out on this one and want to make sure I make the next
Run away this is how the virus starts next thing you know you will be sleeping with spare parts and one day you might rediscover mini's you forgot you even had ha ha ha

Just wanna say the build off was good and everybody had great bikes . Also both my bikes were done and I've been riding them and have video of both but just didn't seem to want to get someone to post the vids for me , I don't know how .

Here is what's left of my build off failure ha ha it was going to be sort of a batman styled lay down luge that would be steered via over sized skateboard trucks sigh
ok it's in the trash hopefully some kid will take a liking to it
You need to send that to Jdogg. He would do something with it. Who knows what but something I am sure.

A Scatt Batt....

[MENTION=21502]jdogg[/MENTION]

Last edited:
Congrats to all who entered and especially those who finished. It's not as easy as it looks. Life threw me some curves but I plan to be at Windber. Thanks to OldMiniBikes, the mods and all who took time to document their builds. I learned a lot from all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanna say the build off was good and everybody had great bikes . Also both my bikes were done and I've been riding them and have video of both but just didn't seem to want to get someone to post the vids for me , I don't know how .
I personally saw the bikes and they are Bad To The Bone !!

KB2ROCKET

You need to send that to Jdogg. He would do something with it. Who knows what but something I am sure.

A Scatt Batt....

[MENTION=21502]jdogg[/MENTION]
someone picked it up from the yard its their dream now ha ha ha
good luck
I kept the valuable hardware for my next failure :laugh: