351 Windsor in a go kart

I got a old 351 Windsor, mated with an automatic tranny and a rearend. Would it be possible to put it in a go kart with a home built tube chassis?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: you will kill some one with that thing . way to much power you would have it flipp over backwards every time you hit the gas
I'm thinking 600 pounds of iron and aluminum is just going to CRUSH any actual GOKART frame there is, not to mention the driveline is longer than a kart, How are ya gonna hook it up? Where ya gonna sit? :shrug: THEN say it's in there and working.. So what? It's an 800 pound go kart with a 5,000 rpm redline.. :shrug: Why not just use a motorcycle engine? It would be twice as fast, and actually workable..

Yeah you can build a small vehicle around a large motor.. But I think it ceases to be a (Go Kart) once it has car tires and 400 pound frame and is 6 feet long and stuff..

I think MR. Ford is turning over in his grave. The Pinto is a great sand buggy motor if you have the bucks for the Esslinger kits and that goes in a full size buggy chassis.
Steve :scooter:

I think MR. Ford is turning over in his grave. The Pinto is a great sand buggy motor if you have the bucks for the Esslinger kits and that goes in a full size buggy chassis.
Steve :scooter:
There is also a class of racing boats that use those engines.. Like small hydroplanes.. One came into a store that I worked at so I had to eyeball it real good.. :drool: Those Pinto engines are tough.. :thumbsup:

KB2ROCKET

You do realize that from the front of a v8 to the tail shaft of the tranny is about 6 feet then add another foot for the rear axle with no drive shaft:eek:ut:

You do realize that from the front of a v8 to the tail shaft of the tranny is about 6 feet then add another foot for the rear axle with no drive shaft:eek:ut:
Yeah, :laugh: Thats why I wouldn't call it a gokart.. I mean you can pull the doors off from a Ford truck and CALL IT a go-kart if ya want.. But it's a ford truck with no doors.. :laugh:

Clayon... If you are serious about it.. I know a guy who has one already built.. About %100 ready to go.. missing a 350 chevy driveline.. You could wad a 351 in it just as easy..

KB2ROCKET

I have a classic mini cooper that is 10 feet bumper to bumper and I intend on putting a v8 in it one day and I thought that was insane to do it the way I want to in the end it will be a mini body sitting on a custom chassis